Coverage during NY Metro North Commute is AWFUL
saheemg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I commute from Peekskill, NY to NYC everyday.  The route is right along the Hudson River.  My commute is relatively short at 1 hour. Its a beautiful ride.  It usually is punctual.  And yet, every morning and more so, evening commute is still filled with frustration!

Roughly speaking I have stable/consistent 4G coverage for at most 5 minutes of the commute.  The rest of the time the signal changes from 3G, 1x, and No coverage.  In short, its basically unusable besides reading email or some blog posts (without images).  This is very difficult for me to accept.  I pay a very large monthly fee for unlimited and during the only time I really need to rely on Verizon (rest of day I use wifi), I get terrible service. 

My current phone is the Nexus 6p.  Before this phone I had Moto X (1st generation).   It has always been basically the same story.  Although, it recent months it seems to have become worse.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Coverage during NY Metro North Commute is AWFUL
MicGree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see this message is two years old.  I take the Harlem Line, and have a similar problem -- large portions of the one hour-plus trip (each way) during which internet access via Verizon is non-existent.  Reasonably new Samsung phone.  This is an important time in terms being able to access information relevent to my work and it is very frustrating.  I note that a columnist in Barron's recently complained about the same thing. Is there some way to get this problem to Verizon's attention?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with data while on your commute, MicGree. We would like to get some information on this concern. What areas of that line have this service gap? When did this issue begin?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
umaradams85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I go from Beacon to Grand Central and the whole trip is pretty much a deadzone. I am dissapointed. I switched from Tmobile to Verizon and I am regretting it now. 3 hours a day and Zero service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

umaradams85, we would never want you to regret your choice to switch to Verizon! We would like to look into the issues you are experiencing with your service, and see what can be done to improve your experience. When did you begin having trouble? Are you having issues with a specific service like data, or with calls and texts as well? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
MicGree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I travel daily on the Harlem line between Purdy's and Grand Central. Today for example the service has been worse than ever.  More off than on. No idea how Verizon can be unaware of this.  Access is important for my work. Someone in a Verizon store suggested that it has to do with transitioning between cell towers along the route. 

0 Likes
MicGree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note to Pedro. I use a number of websites for investment information; this ability is important for my work and makes the commute time (a couple of hours on the train per day) not so bad.) But Verizon is the weak link on the chain and I am at my wits end.  Feel free to write me for more details: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
TomHiro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Coverage drops out neard dobbs ferry and near marble hill on the hudson line.  What could be a productive 45 minute commute for me (grand central - ossining) ends up being nothing but frustration.  I can’t even complete an online chess game; It disconnects every day in those areas.  Other subscribers: which service should I switch to?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Being able to use your service is very important. I would love to look into this issue for you. We would be saddened to see you leave us. Does this issue only happen while your commuting?JasonC_VZW

0 Likes
Jbleinberger

Everyone has been too kind. There is NO service on the Harlem line of Metro Motth from Verizon. 

Verizon doesn’t care to fix the issue. Any of their responses are sugar coated garbage. 

Sorry, but I have both an iPhone and Samsung Verizon account. Neither one works. 

If Verizon cared about its customers if would send someone to travel these routes to see how bad it is  

Phone and text may be marginal, but internet is a joke and non-existent  

When someone fixes this problem I am changing carriers immediately.  I hope all of you will join me  

0 Likes