Cottonwood Cove NV New Cell Tower.
RicMay

There is a cell tower under construction at Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mead, (15 miles east of Searchlight NV) Can anyone tell me when this tower will be operational? I would like to move there for a while and I need cell access. Right now there is very spotty coverage. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cottonwood Cove NV New Cell Tower.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless might release a press release after it is operational, but there are no guarantees.

Otherwise us customers on this peer to peer forum are just guessing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RicMay Hello, we can look into our coverage in the area, but I was not able to find anything with the city/state that was provided. Can you give us the zip code? Also, Check our 4G news link to see our map and other information about 4G in your area. http://bit.ly/z1nSzc

0 Likes
RicMay

The Cottonwood Cove resort is in the 89046 Zip code. There is a tower already under construction. I would just like to know when it will be operational. I would like to spend some time there, however without cell/4g access I can't

0 Likes
hshore

Does anyone know if other carriers will utilize this new cell tower?  It seems very expensive for just Verizon to be building it, and other users (ATT, etc.) won't get service, unless they share it.

0 Likes
hshore

I talked to the National Park Service, and they told me that the tower should be operational shortly.  There was a problem with the approval for the power supply to the site, and that should be resolved, with the tower will be working soon.  Only Verizon will use the tower at this point, with no other carriers showing interest in spending the money with so few users, according to the NPS.

0 Likes