Continuing 'LTE in N. Charlotte' has tanked.
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been able to post to the original discussion. Yesterday I thought it was because my speeds were so bad but today I kept getting logged off so I gave up and opened a new thread.

Tamara asked me to upgrade my  VZW manager and therefore my UML290's driver then pull my sim card which I did.

Below is a graph of my speedtest results this year. You can see my speeds have steadily deteriorated. Red is download speed, green upload, each with a trendline.

I also attached the yesterday's stats from my router. The second graph in the pdf (which is LTE signal to noise ratio) shows that I'm getting much more noise that earlier in the year (also attache a February set of stats for comparison).

I took my S4 and sat next to the tower then called support yesterday. I was only getting 3 - 4 bars of LTE. I gave them the output from the 'signalCheck Pro' app as well. The ticket was opened against my modem, not my phone. They promised to send someone out to check the tower and the signal from house and get back to me within 36 hours.

untitled.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Continuing 'LTE in N. Charlotte' has tanked.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

mc1lean wrote:

I haven't been able to post to the original discussion.

Do you mean this one?

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great graphs! (Well, it's not great to see such declining stats, but your documentation is enlightening.)

Sadly, I think VZW is suffering from the same overloaded network that stained AT&T when AT&T first gained the iPhone. A simple online search will reveal many, many users from across the country complaining of abysmal 4G LTE speeds.  There are multiple threads across multiple forums regarding this issue (see, e.g., the " Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results" on HowardForums).

I too have noticed declining speeds over the last two years. Of course, we expected the speeds to drop as more users transitioned to 4G. However, I don't think anyone expected the speeds to drop to 3G-type speeds.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, don't hold your breath on that call back from tech support.  They will most likely just close your ticket and never bother to call you back. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct tikibar. Couldn't reply to your post yesterday either.

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the support dmc271!!

I'm not holding my breath. I am looking forward to LTE on the AT&T tower up the street though.

0 Likes