Re: Congested 4G During Most of Day
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried reset network settings, resetting the entire phone, and even convinced Apple to swap out my brand new phone for another one because I was in complete denial that your LTE service could be this bad (your 3g service was/is awesome).

Also, I beg to differ about open tickets.  I went to your Verizon store at 199 Pine Street in SF and was told quite simply that the service didn't work around the store and that they had a ticket open.  It'd be great if you could call your own employees and confirm that I'm not making the poor service up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi slamtilt,

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to review your ticket. I am following you, please follow me in return (bobbys_vzw).  Can you DM me with your phone number and billing password. I am eager to assist.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
4ganywhere

I have the EXACT same issue.  I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago. I started noticing the 4G was only about 1-3 bars which is fine but sometimes the speed was so slow it was unbearable. I walked outside to check and yep, the same 1-3 bars.  This weekend I clocked the speeds and what do you know.  from about 11pm-9am it was 8-10Mbps.  During the rest of the day I'm lucky if i get .5Mbps.  Totally unacceptable.  I can drive a few miles down the road and I'm back to 8-10Mbps.  I come home and I'm back to .5Mbps.   There is a Verizon wireless store a mile down the road.  I will be checking out the coverage there next.

So Cripes did you get an answer?

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dont go through the whole lets check your phone mess that VZW tries to pull.  THis is a network congestion issue that is being faced across the country.  During peek hours or in areas that are highly populated you will have great signal yet no 4g transfer speeds.  Ive had 0.01 down.  it simply doesn't work.  To make this worse, MMS is sent over data and wont go througheven when connected to wifi.  VZW needs to fix this issue and fast.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to resolve your issues as quickly as possible dmnb03! Where are you located? What make and model device are you using? When did this start? Have we had the opportunity to investigate your concerns before?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in uptown charlotte like most/all of the other posts have stated.  28203 and surrounding.  This is not an issue with my phone, I've had 4 phones in the past 2 months and they all have the issue.  I have a moto x.  This has been going on for a long time, simply look back through the forums at all of the complains and see people complain about it.  Data services are basically useless even though there is adequate coverage.  This is a congestion issue and Verizon needs to own up and do something about it.  No wonder they are no longer the most reliable carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmnb03, 
Have we tried replacing the sim card in your phone? Sim cards are what connect you to the internet and may need to be replaced.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
twade23

I have the same problems between 8am and 4pm when I leave work. I am in zip code 28533.I chatted yesterday with a level 2 tech and we tried safe mode and that didn't help any. I would like to continue the testing and try and figure out what the problem is.

0 Likes