Re: Class Action Suit ... 4G LTE
Tidbits
Legend

How is it thousands of people don't know when the information is readily available online and in stores yet probably 10's of thousands of people know? You had 14 days to review and go over all the information as well as the terms.

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

You work for Verizon, right? LOL

I knew it.

-

Tidbits <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

Tidbits created the discussion

"Re: Class Action Suit ... 4G LTE"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/779063#779063

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say so. My last paycheck said Ventura Technologies, and I also got a check from the USM. My life must be hard working for 4+ companies, and the US government. Wonder how I found the time to have a family...

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Well, in the end I'd still be concerned why you are not getting 4G coverage anywhere.  So take it to Verizon and see what's up.  Could be the radios on the phone.  Could be the sim card.  But let someone take a look at it.  Coverage maps are as reliable as my ex girlfriend.  It's a cell phone.  It is not a perfect technology and you have no reason to ever think it is perfect.

~D

mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

@davegr

I never expect anything to be perfect. BUT we've had Verizon coverage since we lived on the West coast going back to 1993. I've NEVER had any connection problems or service problems with them and whenever anyone has asked "what wireless company do you think I should go with?" ... I ALWAYS have said "Verizon."

Now, I'm almost ready to pay the money to cancel all of our contracts, stop paying the $258 a month we pay for service we're not getting. It would be worth it not to pay for something we're not getting even if I do have to pay the cancellation fees.

We're not rich. But when you do the math it doesn't take an idiot to figure out that buying into a pay as you go would be cheaper.

By the way, I haven't even talked about the Motorola Xoom that we bought last year. It took 8 months for Motorola/Verizon to finally upgrade that to 4G ... and that didn't work either. I ended up giving it to my 14-year-old grandson for Christmas.

Thanks.

m

-

davegr <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

davegr created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/779116#779116

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Wow, can I be your grandson?  I need a Xoom.  Now, I'm sorry...I'm easily confused with all the irrelevant information.  Bottom line, are you at least getting 3G?  If you are, what's the problem?  You're not paying any extra for 4G or even a 4G device.  I'm here to solve problems. Not help with legal issues in the land of Make Believe.  I find it interesting you had "verizon" coverage in 1993.  Interesting because Verizon didn't exist.  Now, does your phone work when you go into a 4G area?  Once again, if it does not; perhaps, you should take it back to Verizon to see what's up.  Or, you could send it to me.  50/50 chance I'll send it back to you.

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

@davegr

I am getting 3G. I've never had a 4G connection on either of the two Thunderbolts we own.

It's the principle ... I bought them because we were told we lived in the 4G coverage area. So far, no matter how far I drive, we've never gotten 4G coverage out of it.

I apologize for the mistake of the year we joined Verizon. It was a long time ago ... and that happened to be the year that my dad died and I got married so it stuck in my head.

Whenever Verizon had first started wireless ... we were in and have been ever since. We never strayed because we had great coverage ... no dropped calls ... and it was relatively inexpensive.

I did try the LTE OnOff app. Nothing changed ... well, except for the fact that it went from 3G to 1x. I also saw a post somewhere that we should ask for new SIM cards to kick-start them into 4G.

Please don't buy a Xoom. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. I researched Zdnet, CNet, and many other reputable tech reviews before I bought it and was sorely disappointed in performance. Especially for the price. I have a Kindle Fire that is faster and connects to Wifi better than the Xoom or my Thunderbolt to 4G. And that's just inside the house. I can do everything and more on the Fire than I could with the Xoom at least as far as speed is concerned.

But I digress.

It comes down to this ... if you tell me you are going to give me an apple and you show up with an orange, I am NOT going to be happy. Even if you shoot it up with vodka.

-

davegr <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

=============

davegr created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/779538#779538

davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Also, you asked for a smartphone. You got a smartphone.  It works like a smartphone.  Unless you drop it in vodka.

Now, take it back to VZW and get it checked.

0 Likes
wifi2cable
Enthusiast - Level 2

I TOTALLY agree with you, sir !! I've been saying this for weeks, that Verizon is making promises and selling contracts under false pretenses. I also agree with a class action suit. I have MY problem with 3g! Yep, all indications are that I get 3g...but, I don't and Verizon had me doing all kinds of useless tests and putting technicians "on it" only to find out too late that I, also, am in a fringe area. IF THEY HAD TOLD ME THIS IN THE BEGINNING I WOULD NOT HAVE WASTED MY MONEY. After the fact means after the trial period was up, in case "tidbit" sees this...Yes, mcpopp, it's the principle.  What makes it worse is the "early termination fee" for HAVING, by necessity, to find another provider.  All the fine print in the world doesn't forgive the fact that they know (we don't) where the "fringe areas" are. We find out too late. After the fact. As far as a class action suit, we are already throwing money away on plans that do not deliver. Why not put the money to good use and force Verizon (and ATT ) to fess up and be honest. Seems we only can expect good service if we know all there is to know about wifi. Is that the same expectation we have of cars? No. We don't need to be mechanics to expect a vehicle to do what we are told it will do:drive. We know what it said about the squeaky wheel... I would ask all the naysayers out there if they're getting 3g, and if not, do they enjoy paying for it anyway? Nuff said.

0 Likes
wifi2cable
Enthusiast - Level 2

go to wikipedia for your info on Verizon. 

0 Likes