Cisco EHWIC-4G-LTE-V
donnaheim

I have a 4g USB modem from my company. I use it primary to  work from home. I have thought about purchasing a 1941 router and putting in the EHWIC-4G-LTE-V card. Would my 4g sim card that is in my pantech 290, work inside this Cisco card?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cisco EHWIC-4G-LTE-V
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello donnaheim!

I would like to provide you some information about our 4G SIM compatibility and portability.

Verizon Wireless 4G SIM cards are compatible only with Verizon Wireless certified 4G devices. Some third-party 4G devices may not be compatible with the Verizon Wireless 4G SIM card.  A Verizon Wireless 4G SIM card installed in any competitor's 3G or 4G device will not work.

I hope I have answered your question, and have addressed your concern.

0 Likes
john79g

Contrary to what VZW may tell you you can do exactly what you said - swap the SIM and use it in the EHWIC-4G-LTE-V.  The 4G LTE service will work, however make note, there will be NO (i repeat NO) 3G or lower service.  So, if your device is mobile and you pass out of a 4G coverage area, or the 4G is unavailable your EHWIC will search and search.

Keep in mind, unlike CDMA, LTE is GSM based.  GSM is hardware agnostic and is tied to the SIM card.  If your SIM is active and your WIC has the correct firmware it will work.  I speak from personal experience as I have been beta testing this WIC directly from Cisco since October/November.  My VZW reps said it wouldn't work because of the certification excuse too.  I am not sure all the VZW folks understand what they quote or simply rattle off something someone else typed up in a Q&A document.

John

0 Likes
donnaheim

What has your experience as far as signal goes? I have a MIFI that I get around -70, but never seems to connect up. I know the ultimately solution is to get higher off the ground and above some of the trees.

0 Likes
john79g

Are you saying the WIC never connects up? Post your CHAT script. That's where your problem may lie. Also, what IOS version are you running?

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

0 Likes