Brand New phone, can't connect
harrisb1994
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • So i bought a brand new pre paid phone, it got the same spotty reception as my old one( that's fine I live in the country) but a wind storm knocked out my service and I can't connect at all again. My family's phones can so I upgraded service. Still nothing , talked to so many people, troubleshooted everything, I'm going to have to buy a new phone. How can I get Verizon to see I've wasted this months bill and am being forced to buy more service and a more expensive phone? 
0 Likes
Re: Brand New phone, can't connect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your device, harrisb1994. What make and model of device are you using? Are the other phones in your house showing 4G LTE or are they showing another indicator, such as 1x or 3G?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
harrisb1994
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • First off thank you so much for replying. Yes all other devices get the same service as before. I've been told by customer service(talked to at least 100) that it has to be the device. But it was working fine until the service in my area was down a few days from a wind storm . There was a ticket, few days later there was no ticket. I've tried to get a replacement, my authorized dealer said I have to file this and try to claim that and pay a deductible. When my customer service agent told me they are obligated to replace it for me? I'm so confused and lost. I even upgraded to post paid. I've switched back to my trashed phone before, Im just going to buy a new phone I guess, I was trying to get someone to see my dilemma and help smooth the transition. My only goal is to have a fully operational, as fast as advertised phone, with Verizon. I really do appreciate the reply , i feel as if I'm all alone with a problem nobody sees as a problem. 
0 Likes
harrisb1994
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I know that's a lot.. Ive told that to so many people I just spouted off and didn't answer your question. It was a Moto E6 that stopped working, and now I'm back to my broke old Moto G play. I do not want to chance having a prepaid phone that doesn't work right where I'm located, that a rough 2 weeks. I really couldn't take that ive just got to get a name brand phone I guess. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harrisb1994

Thank you for those details and we certainly want to get to the bottom of this for you. We will be sending you a private note so that we can take a look at the account. Please reply to that private message.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The Moto E6 sold for prepaid, has to be on prepaid for a while before it will work on postpaid.   When you purchased the new phone did you swap your Sim card from my old phone?  When you purchased the new phone did you swap your Sim card from my old phone? Or were you given a new Sim card to activate in the new phone?

how were you migrated from prepaid to postpaid service?   
https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/moto-e6-prepaid/

0 Likes