Re: Bionic 4g/3g compatibility issues
tomicoy
Also, I have a pretty good rep who is working with me this week. She says she will check with me on Saturday to see about any issues I may be experiecing as well as keeping me abreast of any new updates. I have worked with some pretty nice reps during this time, all have been sympathetic to my plight .....and then there is the one who downright exaggerated the truth about such things of memos sent out pertaining to updates to the bionic phone and when they will be completed. I hope this issue is fixed soon.
0 Likes
bone

Same here .. This is a huge problem and Verizon is burying their head in the sand..  Just go to any bionic forum..Its wide spread.. For me it has progressed the last two weeks were im only getting data 3/4 of the time..and I know all the little tricks , pulling the battery, factory reset,toggle the airplane mode..  This is a brand new phone that cost me 600 dollars. I shouldn't have to do this..If GM sold a car that only ran 3/4 of the time there would be a massive recall. 14 days to return a phone is a joke. Seems that this phone was pushed out the door because they had to make room for the razor...

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello and thank you to the community for the helpful information. 

I have some steps for Bionic users to assist with data connection. Please try the steps below for a fix.

Menu

Settings

Battery & Data Manager

Data Delivery

Please make sure that "Background Data" and "Data Delivery" are checked.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Equizotic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lonegreyhat wrote:

I was having horrendous data connectivity issues with my bionic... the problem seems to stem from the power management software. Set your bionic's battery mode to "performance mode" and enable data roaming. Reboot. This has solved all of my data connectivity issues as my bionic switches between 4G/3G/2G flawlessly now - it's performance is actually significantly better than my old fascinate. Hope this helps!

Alright, I had tried EVERYTHING short of replacing my hardware to fix the fact that I couldn't get a data connection anywhere.

This worked!

Thank you so much for figuring this out. I hope your post will help a lot of other frustrated Bionic users. I didn't want to return the phone because the device itself is amazing.

0 Likes
Rizzo75

The fix didn't work for me (already had the 2 boxes checked) and phone switches to 3G on and off and sometimes drops data completely for up to an hour. 4G was just added in the Buffalo, NY area, and apparently my "backwards compatible" phone is having issues.

Verizon refunded me last month's data packag phone and has now sent me a 3G phone "to use until the 4G connection is more stable in this area." So long Droid Bionic...for a while. :smileysad:

0 Likes
bone

There is no "data Delivery " to check do you mean Data enabled?.. i have had both checked for 2 months and i still have no data 10 times or ore a day.

0 Likes
noboatfey42

I have the same problem and my roam box was always checked.  If that worked for you, good for you,

0 Likes
noboatfey42

tried that also and it did not work.

0 Likes
Crvtte65

I had issues loosing Data all together when my phone was in a custom battery saver mode (set to something in the past 2 am to 6am) and when on the 4G/3G option.  I was sick of having no connectivty and having to toggle on/off airplane mode just to restart a connection, which sometimes that did not work.  This was also at all times of the day though mostly in the evening, when my batter saver plan should not have been in effect.

Before coming here and seeing a potential solution about the battery saver mode, I switched it to 3G only and I have yet to have a single issue with connectivty but I'll try the other solution so I can actually take advantage of the 4G

0 Likes
tmwes

I can't believe this thread is marked as 'solved'. 

One rep suggested to me to put the phone in 3g only mode; my response to her was why did I buy a 4g phone, then?

I have 4g in some areas near me, and 3g where I live.  I'm not going 3g only unless you give me my money back and give me a new 3g only phone.

As I mentioned in another thread regarding this issue; I've tried everything VZW has suggested, and the issue still persists...very, very dissapointing.

0 Likes