Basic Verizon question ......
farrinl

I was examining my bill which I hardly ever do....and noticed something that I was hoping someone could clarify. I know the difference between peak and off-peak minutes, but is there no longer free Verizon to Verizon calls? We often call people on the network during peak hours and I have now noticed that these minutes are showing up as peak. Does anyone have an explanation? Thanks in advance for your input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic Verizon question ......
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan do you have with Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
farrinl

Five phones. We are NOT on the share everything because there are only two smart phones on the plan. we have 700 minute plan. Nationwide talk & text 700

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any Friends and Family slots to use for free calls to them on peak hours?

Calls to other Verizon Wireless numbers are considered mobile to mobile and shouldn't be counted against your allotment of minutes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon mobile to mobile peak minutes are not counted against your plan minutes.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Do you have any Friends and Family slots to use for free calls to them on peak hours?

Friends and Family isn't available on the 700-minute Nationwide plan.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

farrinl wrote:

I was examining my bill which I hardly ever do....and noticed something that I was hoping someone could clarify. I know the difference between peak and off-peak minutes, but is there no longer free Verizon to Verizon calls? We often call people on the network during peak hours and I have now noticed that these minutes are showing up as peak. Does anyone have an explanation? Thanks in advance for your input.

It doesn't matter who you call, if you call during peak hours, the calls will show up as 'peak' under the Rate.  What you need to also look at is the Usage Type column on your bill.  If it says 'M2M Allow', then it's a call to a Verizon customer and the minutes won't count against your allowance.  If it says 'Plan Allow', then it's a call to somewhere other than a Verizon customer and the minutes will count against your allowance.

0 Likes