Are there 4g issues in East Lansing MI?
TeamJensen

I've been fine until the last couple of days.  Now I drop 3G and have very low signal with that if I do have it, no 4G at all.  No change in phone or location.  Phone restarted twice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are there 4g issues in East Lansing MI?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TeamJensen,

That is definitely not good at all! Lets get this issue fixed for you! What is the make and model of your phone? What is your zip code? Please remove the sim card and then reinsert it back into the phone. Let me know if that works for you!

StevenR_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TeamJensen

I have the Moto X.  I think I'm in zip code 48824 at work.  I live in 48808 and I rarely get 4G at home but I have Wi-Fi there.  I just popped out the Sim card.  Now I have 1-2 cars of 1x.  Signal strength of -105dBm 99asu

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TeamJensen Let's gather more details about the signal issue. There are not any reports of problems with service in your area. Do you know of other VZW users in the same location with a lack of service? Is your wifi turned on?

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
TeamJensen

3G comes and goes now.  It took quite a while for even 3G to show up after the reboot.

0 Likes
TeamJensen

I turned my WiFi off to make sure the issue was persisting.  It is.  I haven't heard of any other users complaining but I don't know the people at my new job as well.  Last week working at the same location I had several bars of 4G almost all the time.  I have made no changes on my phone as far as OS, the last Android update was a few weeks back.  I am inside but the signal has been very good.  I'm guessing a tower is down or changed.  Is there any way to force my phone to refresh towers?

0 Likes
TeamJensen

I just got this message from the campus IT staff (I work at Michigan State University)

Verizon Wireless users on campus may experience periodic loss of cell phone coverage beginning Friday, August 22nd through

Monday Aug. 25th. Verizon Wireless is performing system upgrades to

the campus area.

Could this have anything to do with it?  I know the downtime is upcoming but is the fix due to issues on campus?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TeamJensen,

Thanks for the update! While there are not reported outages in the area at this time, it is very possible that these upcoming updates can effect the service on your phone. Are you still able to make/receive calls and text?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TeamJensen

Whatever the updates were it fixed my 4G issue. 

Before that texts would sometimes hang or not complete.  Probably failed 1-2%, 20-30% would hang and send very slowly.  I don't make many calls.  Data would rarely work or very slowly.  I highly doubt I was even getting a true 3G speed at it's best.

0 Likes