Any hope for resolving poor coverage at home? (zip 36507)
Elemonster250

At my home address I am constantly dropping calls and text/data are 1X with 1 bar.  LTE coverage map has my home showing coverage but there is little signal for the remainder of the road I live on.  I have to drive 2 miles to the local elementary school to ensure my calls do not drop.  This is the same for my iphone6 and my wife's Samsung S9.  We do not have the option of using a network extender, since currently there is only the option of satellite internet.  I have looked into other types of boosters but most say I need more signal before I could consider boosting.  The Samsung S9 reports a -106dbm 1 asu signal.  I new expressway has been approved to be built directly east of my property so I am hoping this will warrant strengthening the signal in this area.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any hope for resolving poor coverage at home? (zip 36507)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure that you have signal at all times. I apologize that you have not gotten a consistent experience within your home. I just want to ask a few questions to make sure I have a full understanding of your experience. Have you always had this issue at your home address? Do you have home internet/cable at all? Do you have trouble with just your calls or are you having problems with your texts and data sessions as well?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Elemonster250

Have you always had this issue at your home address?

Yes

Do you have home internet/cable at all?

Satellite internet (Hughes).  I tried to use it for wi-fi calling but the delay is very bad due to satellite latency.

Do you have trouble with just your calls or are you having problems with your texts and data sessions as well?

All 3 but the calls are the most annoying.  The text just takes longer and I use the satellite for most of my data.  Data is near impossible through the cell signal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try a Wilson booster or something like that to see if that helps. The expressway might help eventually especially if the cell carriers start the process for adding towers to cover the roadway however that can take several years to work through the design, permits and construction.

Do you know if the carriers work better or worse than Verizon Wireless? If another carrier works better, it might be worth considering switching.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Elemonster250

I have not tried a booster yet.  I've been told with the signal being -106dbm 1 asu that it wouldn't help.  I've climbed up on the roof and still only get ~ -100 (I'm not sure how fast the Samsung properly updates it's strength measurement).  Basically I was told anything multiplied by zero is still zero.

I have had guest over with other carriers and theirs are even worse, displaying no signal.

It's just been a major frustration as I work from home 30% of the time and end up spending half my day in town to ensure I don't have to repeat myself 4 times to my customers.  Very embarrassing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elemonster250, I understand having service issues is no fun at all. I want to dig a little deeper into this for you. I have sent you a private message to further assist with this issue. 

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes