Am I having an issue with my phone or is it local service?
footballchick66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week my GS3 like for most people updated to KitKat from Jellybean. Since then I have had a problem with spotty data coverage. I live in the 18951 area code but as I have wifi I didn't notice and issue with the data coverage since I wasn't using it. I work in the 19132 zip code and was down in the area of 19147 over the weekend and was having a problem. I don't have wifi at work and I have very long days where it would be nice to be able to use the data I pay for. Is anybody else having an issue? If not I'll just decrease my data package since I can't use it anyway.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Am I having an issue with my phone or is it local service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@footballchick66

Software updates are intended to provide you a better wireless experience, not worse.  I would love to assist you with your device issues.

I checked coverage for the zip codes you provided and they appear to be great 4G coverage areas.  Nothing has been reported in the areas as well.

Please share more details of what you're experiencing with your device data.  Does your device display a 3G or 4G signal?  If so, how many bars does it display when this is happening?  And are you experiencing any problems with voice calls or texts as well?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Am I having an issue with my phone or is it local service?
footballchick66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually it is the 4G signal that shows. I hardly every catch the 3G signal. It looks strong and I have usually 3 bars at least for call reception. All of my phone calls and texts have been going through. It is only the data coverage I am having a problem with.

0 Likes