4g over billing watch for extra $10 fee
badservice999

Verizon - Does your data estimate suck or is your billing dishonest. Last month on the last day you showed me using 4.2 gig, then billed me for 6 (anything over 5). I understand there is a delay, but when the detail is viewed I only used .5 gig in the last 4 days. Even if none of that was in your system I would have been under the 5 gig. Do the math. Someone is getting screwed here! I am getting ready to change providers. This is 3 months in a row after changing to 4g. I never went over in 2 years of 3g.  PS I only get 3g service now, but changed to your 4 g plan to save money. Can't save anything when you cheat on the billing or I can't track my usage because your sight sucks. So which is it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g over billing watch for extra $10 fee
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

Did you set up the data usage alerts?  I think they are more up to date than the "usage" reports.   The usage alerts can be found in the usage controls under safety and security.  You can send yourself an email and/or SMS at  50, 75, 90 and 100%.  If you get a 90% alert, it's time to slow down a bit.  :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
badservice999

Yes I got the 50% and 75% alerts and the next thing is over billing. Trust me I watch the usage and never went over until the 4g modem. It is not like I am using any more with faster speed, because all I get in 3 g in my area. They have a problem they are not addressing. Still no reply to whether their billing or website sucks, but I am thinking both.:s mileysurprised: Big Surpise. Did you read the article about them paying back $93,000,000.00 to the government that they overbilled?

0 Likes
T-bolt_Camb

How much over your limit did they say you actually used?  Did you call them and demand a credit?  

0 Likes
badservice999

They say 5.026 Gig. Can you believe that. If they did not send me stupid promotional emails it would have been under even on their count, but I am getting the impression it is going to just over every month reguardless of my actual usage. Remember these are the guys who over charged the government (that is taxpayers) $93,000,000.00 that they admitted to. How much more we will never know. Looks like to years of watching them like and hawk and then switch companies. Unless I get rid of it through a contract swap online.

0 Likes
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

I think you should send the info to your state and federal regulators.   This is serious.   Clearly,  you should not be charged for so little data - at least at the per Gigabyte rate.    I believe that the whole industry needs revamping -   we should be paying for what we use and not have to deal with all kinds of bundling deals where we have no idea what things actually cost.    I am also for a fair  rates on data usage perferable at the $1 increment level - something like the cost /minute for voice.   The only way a case would be triggered is if the regulators get enough independent complaints like yours.   Ten dollar increment is way too high.

0 Likes
Tom-the-Piddler

badservice999 wrote "Verizon - Does your data estimate suck or is your billing dishonest. Last month on the last day you showed me using 4.2 gig, then billed me for 6 (anything over 5). I understand there is a delay, but when the detail is viewed I only used .5 gig in the last 4 days. Even if none of that was in your system I would have been under the 5 gig. Do the math. Someone is getting screwed here! I am getting ready to change providers. This is 3 months in a row after changing to 4g. I never went over in 2 years of 3g.  PS I only get 3g service now, but changed to your 4 g plan to save money. Can't save anything when you cheat on the billing or I can't track my usage because your sight sucks. So which is it?"

I would agree, it sucks big time. Got charged for an extra GB myself for our 4/10 - 5/9 cycle. Been with Verizon since March 4, 2011. Billing cycle is 10th - 9th. Was prorated 3/4 - 3/9 cycle. Good enough. 3/10 - 4/9, GB was shown to be 4.308, and 4/10 - 5/9 data cycle was shown to be 4.899 at 11:48 PM 5/9 via Verizon text message to my VZAccess Manager and a check on My Verizon Home Page read the same thing. Called Verizon about the 1GB charge and explained my data analysis verses the 1 GB charge. They said they would credit me for $5 of the $10. Not satisfied, I went back and took at the usage details for the 4/10 - 5/9 cycle. Strange things started to appear. 1) the data ended on 5/2, not 5/9;  2) clicked on the download link for the data to be saved in a spreadsheet format;  3) the download only contained the headings, no other info;  4) manually copied and pasted the data into an Excel Spreadsheet. Delimitated the data including deleting the GB after ever data amount; 5) this total only comes out to 3.3 GB...

I admit that the last few days, between 5/3 and 5/9, I downloaded some much needed software updates, but maintained a count on the usage. I have now contacted Verizon about the data usage not adding up (being short by about 7 days) and they are in the process of checking it out as well as why the data does not add up nor download. Ticket # S1868759. Could be just my account, or everyone's? As of today, the detailed data problem on my Verizon home page is not correct. It's been over a week now.

So it boils down to this, they can not prove on my account the amount of data being charged for. This is a principle/legal issue. They need to get it right.

Please check your detailed data usage and let us know if you too have an incomplete cycle of data information.

ps: as of today, 6/8, data totaled 4.233 GB. 1 day left on my cycle. Received the 50% usage alert, NO 75% alert (3.750 GB), maybe tomorrow I'll get the 90% alert (4.500 GB). We'll see...

0 Likes
Tom-the-Piddler

Now just waiting for Verizon to finish their billing process ending 6/10. Will update my post when they are finished crunching numbers by the 15th per the memo on our billing data website page.

Hope to have some good info to share...

Also, I did get a 75% usage notification, it was buried in my e-mails.  :-)) So we received the 50%, 75% and the 90% alerts for the 5/10 - 6/9 billing period.

Tom

0 Likes