4g in Martinsville, IN
donnaheim

I havea 4510L mifi hotspot, connected to an external antenna. I routinely get -75 signal strength. I have set the mifi to LTE only and it is never able to connect. I just checked the coverage map and it looks like the coverage are was reduced in my city. Any word on what is going on or why with a -75 the mifi was unable to connect? Is the pantech 290 any better at getting a connector than the mifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g in Martinsville, IN
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing slower connection speeds. Don't worry because I'm here to help.

You mentioned you've notice the coverage in your area has changed. Where are you located (City, state, and zip code)? I'll be happy to check for any known issues.

Have you tried performing a hard reset? If not, I recommend you attempt it and see if that helps with the connection speeds. If you continue to experience these same issues and are unable to connect, please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you.

0 Likes
Re: 4g in Martinsville, IN
donnaheim

The coverage area per Verizon's website has decreased. Here is a photo of coverage from November compared with December-  4g Coverage Change (http://tinypic.com/r/2a986eb/5). I was getting a signal strength of -75 according to the mifi 4510 hotspot. Is the decrease in coverage temporary?

0 Likes