4G speed in Salt Lake City
zivojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know what the average speed is for 4G lite in the SLC area? My 3G connection i soooo slow, i wanna upgrade to 4G. My controct is not up till Februarie but if this slow speed on 3G continues i might just cancel my verizon account and go to sprint instead. They have good 4G coverage here i heard. So what are the download speeds with 4G? Is there any site you can go and check? If the 4G is better then i might stay with verizon if they let me upgrade sooner like around x-mas.

Jan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G speed in Salt Lake City
zivojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess there is no one with 4G from verizon in in the Salt Lake area. Not even an respond from the verizon employee's here. They really dont care about their customers. No wonder so many people dont like them. I guess the same goes for the other operators. They really dont care about their customers. We just get screwed everywere...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This is a customer to customer forum. Either the people who have read your post didn't know anything or weren't interested in answering. If a thread goes unanswered for several days, then perhaps a VZW employee will give a comment.

As for me, I am not from SLC so I don't know what speeds are average there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Zivojan;  Have you gone up to the Search box above and looked up the previous discussions of Salt Lake City's coverage?

We talked about it in depth, -maps and all,  earlier.   Look it up.

0 Likes
zivojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

iI looked that already up and i saw the coverage map. I just wonder how reliable that is. My 3G conncection is far below the speed that i should be getting. I twitter with the VRW support last night and the agreed my download speed was to low. So i wonder how fast the 4G speed was, cos i dont wanna upgrade to 4G and get a very slow speed again. I am already talking to sprint who seem to have a very fast 4G network in SLC.

0 Likes
phillybama1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can't vouch for SLC but my speedtest.net app said my download was at 14.53MBPS and upload at 4.81 MBPS. That's about average for what VZW advertises, which is 5-12 MBPS on download and 2-6 MBPS upload.

0 Likes
zivojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow thats amazing. Wich phone do you have? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

zivojan wrote:

Wow thats amazing. Wich phone do you have? 

The poster's profile says that they have a Samsung Droid Charge which is a 4G LTE phone. I have gotten similar Speedtest.net results with my HTC Thunderbolt another 4G LTE phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
statdetective
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in the American Fork area, about 35 miles south of Salt Lake City. My 4G speeds vary a lot. Today I have about 1.8Mbps download and 1.3Mbps upload. I have had speeds of 6Mbps download and 2.5Mbps upload. At my friends house, about 1/2 mile from where I live, I measured 8Mbps download and 3Mbps upload.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello zivojan,

I am more than happy to provide some insight on the 4G speeds on our LTE network. As you may already know, we have the fastest 4G network in America. Our 4G speeds can easily reach up to 10 times faster than our 3G speeds. Even though we don't recommend third party apps, an excellent way to measure our 4G speeds is to download Speedtest.net on a 4G device so you can experience the magic as it unfolds. Although I don't live in the Salt Lake City area, you can expect the average national throughput of 4G to be 5 - 12 Mbps and latency of < 50ms = real time. Personally, I've experienced speeds far greater on my Droid Bionic as well as other 4G customers have. Even though this is often the case, we try to stay humble with our accolades for providing the best 4G experience. In either case, I'm confident that you will be more than 100% happy with the 4G experience in the Salt Lake City area. Just in case you need to verify that your address is in a 4G area, I have posted the link below for your review.

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

I really hope that you consider our 4G network and 4G devices as you shop for your new wireless needs. 

Thank you...

0 Likes