4G rollout
Dburger66

Ok, I'm confused.  I live in Hampton Roads, VA and so far NOBODY at Verizon has a clue when we will get 4G. What makes it even more confusing is the latest 4G list, Wichita Fall TX just got 4G, REALLY?!?!?!  Wichita Falls has a population of 107,000 as of last year, also as of last year Hampton Roads has a population of 1,671,683.  We have 1,564,683 more people but they get it first.  I would be that Verizon has a huge customer base in my area, it would seem that they are in no hurry to get us upgraded.  Thank you for letting me rant.

Denny

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G rollout
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

I understand your frustrations about not having 4G in a large city, where some much smaller cities have access to LTE (and some small cities have had it for a long time). However, larger cities often require more regulatory red tape in regards to permits for cell site modifications required for LTE, it may take longer to get LTE equipment and fiber to enough cell sites for adequate LTE coverage.

If VZW had a choice, I would put money down that naturally they would rather light up larger cities with a new technology first, but that is not always possible, and some of the reasons why are the ones I have mentioned above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4G rollout
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

I understand your frustrations about not having 4G in a large city, where some much smaller cities have access to LTE (and some small cities have had it for a long time). However, larger cities often require more regulatory red tape in regards to permits for cell site modifications required for LTE, it may take longer to get LTE equipment and fiber to enough cell sites for adequate LTE coverage.

If VZW had a choice, I would put money down that naturally they would rather light up larger cities with a new technology first, but that is not always possible, and some of the reasons why are the ones I have mentioned above.

0 Likes