4G in the mansfield ohio area
mkoppler123

So I read in the paper where the Mansfield, OH area is getting 4G today.   The coverage area is supposed to extend north to Shelby, OH (where I live).  Well I have the samsung droid charge and I don't get any 4G coverage at all.  The map on the website here even shows me to have 4G coverage when I enter in my address.  Is this an area that still hasn't been fully turned on yet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G in the mansfield ohio area
Not applicable

Mkoppler123, thank you for your inquiry. I understand why you would want to get 4G as soon as possible in your area. I checked Shelby and I see some areas of 4G network and spots of 4G extended network. When you look at your address on the map does it say 4G extended? If so, this means you will get mostly 3G on your phone. It is possible to pick up 4G at some locations depending on distance from the towers. On the map, you will notice in the notes for 4G extended it shows " ** Access the 4G LTE network within the Extended Coverage Area; certain conditions may cause your service to connect to 3G in this Area." Try driving around the area to see if you pick up 4G on your phone. 

0 Likes
mkoppler123

Well where I live is supposed to be in the actual 4G area and not extended.  I did go for a drive and where the 4G stops is about a mile east of my house (I live on main street).  Now if I remember hearing this correctly the closest tower to this area is the one on Bowman road close to state route 96 east.  Well it seems like that tower only has a range of 3-5 miles,  since it's roughly 3.5 miles from where the connection stops to that tower. 

0 Likes
mkoppler123

So I guess I'm out of luck for getting 4G in the area I live?

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
Don't feel bad i have the same issue i go a mile north east and west i get 4g but not where i am when i type in the zip code its says i am in a 4g area not extended but when i talk yo tech support they say I'm in a extended area so important a little up set i got this phone cause it was 4g i left sprint for 4 g only yo find out i don't have it.
0 Likes
Merrick
Enthusiast - Level 2
Nice, leave it to Verizon to exaggerate their 4g coverage. They tell you your covered until you sign the two year agreement then say oh your not in a 4g area, sorry....
0 Likes
mkoppler123

So I guess the only way the area I live in will get 4G is when they finally decide to build the new tower.  Just hope that doesn't take another 2 years...

0 Likes