4G in the Quad Cities
luthi3n

I live in Davenport, part of the Quad Cities, and we were supposed to have gotten 4G in the past few days. I'm in the heart of the area and still only get 3G. There are only a few places that I am able to connect to 4G and that is only for a very short period of time while I am driving. I can't connect to it at home, work or pretty much anywhere else I go. Is it just going to take like a little time for the whole area to be covered or something? 4G is one of the reasons I bought a Thunderbolt and am just kinda clueless right now...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G in the Quad Cities
Not applicable

luthi3n,

Hello and welcome to the community!  

I'm happy to help with 4G/LTE coverage in the Quad Cities! Believe it or not, I was in the QCA this past Sunday. I had forgotten that 4G was launching that weekend, until I saw it on my phone. Are you still getting pockets of no coverage? You can always verify the coverage on our 4G map. We may not blanket an entire area, however we're always expanding our 3G and 4G coverage!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
luthi3n

Alright, well I've been able to connect in more areas than at first, but I don't think it's actually sending any data. The 4G icon is displayed in the status bar, but the arrows arent lighting up like they do with 3G, so I'm assuming it's not sending or receiving any data. Any reason why that would be?

0 Likes
Not applicable

luthi3n,

Hello and welcome to the community!  

I'm happy to help with 4G/LTE coverage in the Quad Cities! Believe it or not, I was in the QCA this past Sunday. I had forgotten that 4G was launching that weekend, until I saw it on my phone. Are you still getting pockets of no coverage? You can always verify the coverage on our 4G map. We may not blanket an entire area, however we're always expanding our 3G and 4G coverage!

Thank you!

0 Likes