Re: 4G and VZW Network Optimization
budone
Legend

Wil Maldonado wrote:

Hey budone, I'm glad you looked into this further. I just went to the 4G map page and read the last line on the bottom of the page and you're right it does say they'll throttle the top 5% for up to 60 days but right under it it says: **NOT A MAJOR MARKET. If that's the case then I'm assuming that since I'm in southern new jersey and only 10 mins from Philly that I'm within a major market. Are they saying that customers in major markets aren't affected by this policy then?

The **NOT A MAJOR MARKET comment is tied to the presentation you can watch above the statement. But I have not found out WHERE it is.

As Ann154 stated, the POSSIBILITY of 4G being 'Network Optimized' (Nice PC usage there) is stated now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup they bought a big chunk: when the Fcc Did there little thing with the Spectrum.. An that's one the reason's the Tv station done away with there Analog to go to Digital.. An if your were Avid Scanner Listner.. those folks were effected as well because many Frequencies that got Shifted in this process Was said it would be almost impossible to listen to them. An with allot of the Metro Cities Going digital Even some of the scanners that were Trunking scanners can't listen because of Digital That is Unless your willing to pay up to 600.00 bucks for one of those Scanners. But there a-little catch in there even when listning to Digital.. with them as well if a Metro City wants to scramble Certain services they can an for the Avid lister there Nothing but Noise. Smiley Sad 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

my point I was mearly pointing out it costs them something to supply that data. I was breaking it down as simple as i could with as small numbers as I could to make it easier 🙂

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I was responding to this statement which now that I read it tonight can be taken in two ways.

Carriers pay for bandwidth just as much as we do.  I took it they pay the same price. Sorry

0 Likes