Re: 4G Speeds Slow in Charlotte NC
Greymouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the same issue in uptown Charlotte. Almost zero data service in uptown Charlotte (28202). I have called customer service multiple times over the past 9 months and tried numerous troubleshooting steps Including replacing my phone. Bottom line, it is not my phone. My phone receives very fast data speeds in most areas but uptown during business hours is terrible.  Early morning or evening is fine.  The towers uptown are overwhelmedWith traffic and Verizon has. It built out enough capacity.  I was told I could not get out of my contract without penalty because service at my home is fine (the one place I don't need cellular data).  I was also told that the engineers are working on the issue but 9 months later and the problem is no better.  Every time I see a commercial about Verizon having the most reliable network I want to scream.  If data coverage in uptown Charlotte is important to you then you should consider a provider other than Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: 4G Speeds Slow in Charlotte NC
charlotte_native
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disappointed to see that this has been going on so long. I switched to Verizon from Sprint expecting much more. My phone is unusable when in downtown Charlotte. I attend the Panthers games and cannot interact/text with my friends or do any type of app or Internet browsing. It's horrible. Text messages will not come through and I am not able to send any. Has there been any update to an improvement in the service? The bad thing is that as soon as I hit the city limit heading home all the texts come through at one time and service returns to normal. I refuse to think it is my phone. I have tried the restart, the battery pull, etc... I am only one year into my plan and dread the next year of this kind of service. How misleading of Verizon to claim such good service.