Re: 4G Speeds Slow in Charlotte NC
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

As expected Safe mode has the same issues.  The issue is simple.  The network is under distress during prime time hours.  Honestly its is becoming during any hour in well populated areas.  I simply can't use my data connection.  In safe mode I did  a speed test and resulted with 0.45 down and 0.38 up.  When does Verizon plan to fix this issue???

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for replying.  Please have anyone you know with this issue add to this thread maybe we can get enough going that they actually care to look at it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Dmnb03,

Thanks for the additional information and for going through the troubleshooting with us. I'd like to do some further investigation. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and account password so I can review your account in detail. We may need to file a ticket with our network repair team.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NotFastAnymoreInCLT

Nicholas, I am having the same issues... my upload speeds are hovering between 0.20 and 0.89 Mbps and download speeds are between <1.0 and 5.8 Mbps.  Typically and historically my speeds have been between 5 and 18 Mbps download and between 4 and 8 Mbps upload. 

I have unlimited data and have been a customer of Verizon Wireless for over 10 years. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi NotFastAnymoreInCLT,

Let's look into this! Which device do you have? When did you begin to notice the change in speed? What is your current zip code? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is our problem.  Read this:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427077,00.asp

0 Likes
pbwoody
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue in uptown Charlotte.  I just upgraded to an iPhone 5s (4G LTE) from an iPhone 4 (3G) last night.  I come in to work today expecting a much faster experience with 4G LTE compared to 3G.  Honestly, my iPhone 4 with 3G was much faster than my new iPhone 5s with 4G LTE.  It's so painfully slow that I've given up on trying to access my email or the internet from uptown Charlotte.  If it's a network problem that is being fixed as the article dmnb03 posted would lead us to believe, I would hope someone from Verizon would just acknowledge this issue and let us know when to expect improvements.  At first I thought it was my new phone but it appears to be a network issue.  To the Verizon representative - since the connectivity is so slow and I can't access my data should I expect a credit to my account until the problem is fixed? 

strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have the same issue.  I am in the 28202 zip code for work and my service is non-existant.  I FINALLY was able to get someone at Verizon to investigate, send a network team, etc. after first raising this issue to VZW back in July.  They acknowledged that there are "areas of opportunity" to improve service.  Apparently fixes are underway however, they were not able to provide a timeline of when the fixes started and/or when they would be complete (which was frustrating).  So now it's just a matter of deciding whether to wait it out or take my business elsewhere. 

If what is stated in this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427077,00.asp holds true, then I may wait it out... but I still feel like that's asking a lot of VZW customers.

0 Likes
Kemp_Byrd

Hi -

I work in the 28202 zip code also.  I continue to experience the same, slow 4g speed.  After numerous support calls for the last six months, I continue to have poor performance on Verizon Wireless.  I currently use a BlackBerry 9930 smartphone and a Verizon MiFi4510L Jetpack.  I want to connect my BlackBerry to the Jetpack for faster 4g performance.  However, I have to turn off WiFi on my BlackBerry to obtain decent Internet speeds and not use the Jetpack while in the office.  As you know, the BlackBerry is a 3g device.  I have used it as a mobile hotspot instead of the Jetpack to obtain Internet access due to the fact 4g service is so bad in Uptown Charlotte. 

When I work from home, the Jetpack works better, but it is not as good as my Time Warner Broadband connection.  If I run http://www.speedtest.net/ on my Jefpack at home, the speed look very good; however, my business laptop is slower compared to the laptop/Time Warner connection.  My goal is to use the Jetpack for work and for home.  I am unsure whether this goal is feasible yet.

I would like to upgrade to a newer smartphone; however, I see no need right now with a slow 4g network.  Maybe AT&T or another carrier can provide faster service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting you back to lightning fast speeds is paramount Kemp_Byrd. I see great coverage in the zip code provided, so you should definitely be able to enjoy it. Please run a speedtest from home and work while your laptop is connect to the mifi and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes