Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Winsor6 wrote:

I think this is a software problem, not

a network one. He said that some non-rooted phones had reset for no reason,

which they think is connected.

I don't think so....I regained data connectivity without doing anything special.  That is, I tried turning the phone off, pulling battery, etc., and that didn't do anything to help until a certain time (a few hours ago) when it just started working again.

That sounds to me like something outside the phone -- the network.

0 Likes
e21lt

Still no 3g on 2 iphones on my plan. But my old droid 2 is wortking fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Iphones are not affected by a 4G LTE outage.

They are 3G only phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mciekanski
Enthusiast - Level 2

recent iphone software update is causing data connectivity issues!

0 Likes
nykole0408
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah when I talked to tech support this morning she got me to pull my sim card.  When that didn't work she escalated it to the next higher tech support line and that's when another lady told me they were experiencing data outages, and that there was no ETA of when this would be fixed.  It has now been over 6 hours since I have had any data signal whatsoever, and I'm really getting angry about it.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

Iphones are not affected by a 4G LTE outage.

They are 3G only phones.

Even though this thread is in the 4G sub-forum, the data-connectivity issue being reported today is not just a 4G issue -- 3G, too, is/was down for lots of people -- including me. (no 4G in my area)

0 Likes
nykole0408
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a 4G phone, but can only get 3G in my area, and I have been affected.  So it isn't just 4G that is down.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

mciekanski wrote:

recent iphone software update is causing data connectivity issues!

Maybe that too...but that's not what most people are reporting about.

My data connectivity was down for a few hours this morning, and I have a Droid Bionic, and there are similar reports yesterday and this morning on the Motorola Bionic board.  It's not just iPhones.

0 Likes
Woomama
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I am curious.  While browsing around these forums I have seen numerous times where a Verizon Rep has answered questions and given info to someone posting, or the moderator has moved posts and so on.  Why is it that nobody from Verizon has gotten on here somewhere in the 900 posts about this issue and said "We're working on it." or "We are investigating but obviously this problem is a lot more wide spread than we thought" or "As soon as we know something we will let you know."  Not that I want to be cranky about it, but I have been dealing with the idea that my brand new Razr Maxx was somehow defunct and since most of the Verizon Employees don't seem to have a clue about what is going on, I am sure if I were pushing the issue, I would be being mailed a new phone right now.  Something that I really don't want to do.  I was immensely disappointed with my 2 years of the Droid X.  I am sure it is a good phone but I had to get mine replaced 5 different times because it had some internal error that would mess everything up.  After resetting it to stock several times and losing all my data, apps, msgs (because Backup Master didn't work as advertised.) and still couldn't get the phone to work.  Anyway, Verizon has really lost a lot of respect in my mind because they are not addressing this directly, heck they aren't even addressing it with their employees (or telling them not to comment on it).  My 2nd question is has anyone possibly mentioned this to the FCC or even the FTC as far as the lack of support, notification, loss of time that we are paying dearly for.  I don't speak for anyone else, but I have a family plan with my 2 teens, so 3 phones total and it is costing me almost $250 per month.  That ain't chump change Verizon!  Are you going to issue a refund for loss of Data, I know I for one have not only a data package on my phone, but also a WiFi Hotspot package (those 2 things right there are $60+), then a data package for my 16yro daughter because she is now using my previous Droid X, and a standard phone for my 13yro son.  This is the highest bill I have other than my mortgage every month and I expect not to be driven to anxiety wondering why I can't seem to use my phone for data, since that is what I bought it for in the first place.  So what about it VERIZON are you going to just gloss over several days of issues once you get it back up and working?  Because I have been sitting here watching my phone go from 4g to 3g to 1x to nothing.  I can't use my WiFi hotspot without being kicked off after a couple of minutes due to connectivity issues.  The issue is not fixed obviously and is extremely intermittent.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Because there has been MULTIPLE threads like this one... There has been a press release... Some of this is not network related but manifacturer related...

0 Likes