Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
vernongray

I hope Verizon doesn't do any customer satisfaction surveys anytime soon. 

I have the sim activation problem on my phone since Tuesday.  Went to the store and sales people advised they were having problem with their 4g phones.  Called up tech support and they told me there was no problem with 4g.  Take out the sim and reinstall.  Works for about an hour then goes back to sim error.

Went back to the store and they replaced the sim, then they could not get the new sim card to activate any service.  Finally activated 4 hours later.  While the salesmen was on the phone asking what the problem was activating the new sim, tech support yelled at him for putting in a new sim card and told him it was a problem with the 4g.

The biggest problem with Verizon now is they no longer have any tech support in their stores.  If you have a problem with your phone they just want to give you a new one. 

I wonder if Verizon plans on compensating the people that pay for these high priced 4g phones and are not getting 3g service.  I find it hard to believe that this problem has not been resolved yet

0 Likes
offroadace

I think they might be. I have the $20 unlimited Text/Data plan from years ago. I just checked my next billing statement and it still shows as active, but no charge is listed. Just the standard line charge is listed as being charged.

0 Likes
BionicUser

I also use a Driod Bionic and for the past two days (since Tuesday, 12/6) have not been getting any 4G service, and only a few seconds here and there of 3G.  Right now, I just have one bar -- no 3G, no 4G-- at my desk where I normally have a strong 4G connection.

I'm extrememly unhappy.  I stick with Verizon because of their great phone selection and excellent service (not customer service, mind you-- but I normally don't need that), so this is really angering me.  The fact that I have not recieved an email with any expalation abotu what is happening, why, and what they're doing to fix it is nuts.  I have forked over many, many dollars to verizon over teh years, and touted the great voice and data service to my friends.  I won't do that any more if this doesn't get resolved soon-- and I expect a public statement from Verizon that respects me as a customer and an intelligent human being.  I'm not holding my breath, but I really don't think it's too much to ask.

0 Likes
hinds57

I'm also having the same problem with my Bionic and I just switched to Verizon in November after being with AT&T for over 15 years. Not a happy (new) customer. As of today at 1:20 pm CST, I still have no 4G service and I'm located in the Southeast.

0 Likes
bahdsh

In Virginia Beach, still no 4G and only occasional 3G for a few seconds. You  would think "The Most Reliable Network" would want to do better than leave all their customers completely in the dark. Maybe the should change their theme to "When It Sometimes Works Ii is Good".

0 Likes
SBennett2112

My new 4G Samsung Stratosphere arrived today and would not activate for first usage. After 6 tries of restarting, I took it to my Verizon Store. It was there I learned that the 4G network is down nationwide and that a 4G phone cannot be activated while the network is down. So sorry. Try again later... GRRRRR!!!

0 Likes
MandyB

Still no 4G or 3G for me in Columbia SC. I have a pantech breakout and haven't gotten any errors. Still get phone calls and texts just fine... Can only do online tasks (email, facebook, etc) via wi-fi. I really wish they'd come out with something other than "it's broken and we're working on fixing it"

according to this they fixed it already: http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Verizon-Wireless-4G-LTE-Network-Sees-Nationwide-Outage-...

my signal-less phone begs to differ.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
How many of you have shut the phones off for 30 seconds then turn it back on to update the PRL?
0 Likes
MandyB

I have done that multiple times, every time I hear 4G is restored but I'm not getting signal. I go so far as to turn the phone off pull the battery and sim card, count to 100 and put it all back together and still nothing. I know the tricks. My Eris was the worst at needing a reset to function.

0 Likes
jlopez

still without complete service in austin, tx as of this morning.  verizon needs to move on this.  i'm glad my wife has a working t-mobile phone because i am on-call from a medical standpoint and rely heavily on my phone.  not happy right this minute.

0 Likes