Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
tami291
Enthusiast - Level 3

newbury park ca and still no 3g or 4g

0 Likes
budone
Legend

tami291 wrote:

newbury park ca and still no 3g or 4g

Was wondering if you power cycled your phone. I have not had an issue all day.

0 Likes
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problems in Baltimore with 4G since the December 28th nationwide outage.

0 Likes
jaxvette1

Upgraded to an iPhone 4S 32GB from a Blackberry at a Verizon Wireless store in Wilkes Barre, Pa. on 3/02/12. Experience turned out to be the the worst customer service I have ever experienced (for multiple reasons). Then yesterday morning, 3/13/12, I tried to use the new phone first thing in the morning, approximately 6:30am, and had no internet service, no messaging, no Facebook, no search engines, nothing. Went to my exercise class, tried to use the phone an hour later and everything worked fine - all day long. Woke up this morning, tried the phone, guess what - no data service at all. Last data use listed as 9:20pm last evening. Doesn't matter what "G" service, nothing except the phone feature works. From all the conversations on this topic, and the wide scope of the problem, Verizon has a system problem that they need to address immediately. A problem of this magnitude would go viral if posted on a social network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That may be however the 4G LTE devices connect to a different 3G (eHRPD) and has a different authentication method from a 3G only devices.

The iphone is a 3G only phone and connects to the EVDO RevA 3G network and uses the older authentication method.

When the 4G LTE network is down, sometimes the eHRPD network also can't be connected to. The devices should revert to the EVDO RevA, but it doesn't always happen. My Nexus did revert to EDVO RevA yesterday after an hour.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It should have already went viral.  It's been plastered from CNET to YouTube, to G+/Facebook/Twitter more than once.  It's a known problem which has been explained multiple times in this thread more than once, and from places from CNET to etc etc.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tidbits is right it isn't always The network. If the Sim card was touched by Accident while it was in stalled (An i have written more than one post on this is subject) in the Gold area of it!.  It could render it useless or it cause the phone phone to not work as it should an if your Wondering Why we all have a little Static electricity in our bodies an Oil on our Fingers an the two combined is toxic soup for that Sim Card.

I might raise a few hairs for writing this part but when i speak or write it is of the Truth. One Day when i was Visiting at a Local Corporate store that i go to. I had a Rep from that store an that has been with Verizon for a long time an has had enough training to now how to work with these phones an Sim cards tell me When we handle the cards we have touched the Gold part of the Sim Card!!  We were told not Too in training but we have an it's not going to hurt a thing to touch it. As of him telling me that he will not touch my phones in the future!

0 Likes
tami291
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have tried everything it just wont work.

0 Likes
Pitchmaster

Am having the same problems in Nebraska. Upgraded to Razr Maxx 2 days ago and have not had data since. Verizon says they are working on it ??????!!!!!!?????

0 Likes
nykole0408
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine finally came back on Tuesday night after being out for over 12 hours.  I pulled my sim card and left it and the battery out for about a minute, put them back in and turned the phone back on, and haven't had a problem since.  I don't know if it was what I did or sheer luck, but I'm back up and running.

0 Likes