Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
Wildman
Legend

Remember that not all areas are always affected at the same time, just because your area has experiance this doesnt mean it is everywhere...  They may be servicing towers in your area because mine hasnt experiance any major or long time outages,,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For example, earlier this week I had a spot that usually either has 3G or 4G. It depends of which direction I am coming from and which tower I connect to.  But on this day, I had something on my Nexus that I haven't seen for a LONG time.  The dreaded "Roaming" symbol.  The next day it was gone.  Close by that area, I also got 1x within a day or so of the roaming incident.  That I thought was strange too because that spot is usually where I can get my highest speed tests.  That too was gone the next day.  I took it as most likely some maintenance going on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree Ann, that sounds like some maintance going on...  I have had a few mixed signal situation but usually only for a breif amount of time..   Mostly I can say that I have had some reliable signal reception recently..

0 Likes
GrillMouster

4G LTE has been out in Tampa and Orlando for the last few days on my Galaxy Nexus. On Saturday I could only get 3G in Tampa and Orlando. Today I'm back in Tampa and can only get 3G in an area that I usually have strong (all bars) 4G. Something is going on. Is 4G more prone to solar flare interference than 3G is? In my house I can never get 4G, but it's fine at any of my neighbor's homes. I can only assume the 4G interference in my home is from the utility box at the corner of my yard. It never gives my 3G or Wifi any problems.

0 Likes
droiderrifcGuy

all my friends who have 4G smart phones in New Jersey have no "G" at all...

this is getting to be quite annoying...

0 Likes
dudasd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we go again......how long is it going to take to get things back online in the Pittsburgh area this morning? Can't be an isolated tower issue since I had no coverage at home and have none here at the office 20 miles away.....

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

No data in central Oregon either this morning...not sure how long it's been out here.

0 Likes
brewmarsh

No 4G in suburban Chicago. It keeps switching between 3G, 1X and just bars since just after 7:00am Central today.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Data is back on for me in Bend, Oregon...for now, anyway.

0 Likes
4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
brewmarsh

4G also appears to be back in Chicago.

0 Likes