Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
subhunter808
Enthusiast - Level 1

All this past week and sporatically all year so far my 4G has been going in and out. Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with support staff who couldn't figure it out. I am glad they work there, they told me to do everything I had already done and were still confused. I asked them who they call when they have problems and the escalated me to the next level I guess who just asked me to do the same exact things! What gives Verizon? Been with you for over 10 years... sometimes I wonder why. This is one of those times.

0 Likes
Kingropes
Enthusiast - Level 1

dule wrote:

Chiming in from Las Vegas....  Network here has been down for two days.  No 4G or 3G connection.

I am not "techie" enough to presume to understand this LTE system.  I do understand it is a relatively new technology and, as such, can and will experience problems. 

What I do not understand is why Verizon refuses to admit or acknowledge when there is an outage.

This forum is full of posts from those of us who have spent hours and hours resetting our phones, calling tech support and/or visiting a Verizon store in person in an attempt to figure out what is wrong with our phone.  The problem is not with our phone!

Since Cox moved to Las Vegas (and purchased the old Las Vegas Cable Modem company) they have been my cable and internet service provider.  Cox does have, on occasion, a service outage.  When an outage lasts more than a few minutes I pick up the phone, call Cox, and get a recording which states 'we are aware of this problem and are working hard to fix it.'

Hearing this message lets me know the problem is with Cox, they are aware of it, and that the problem is not with my computer, my modem, or the cables outside my home. 

It appears Verizon doesn't offer the same courtesy or share the same information -- to/with either its customers or its service representatives/techs.  Tying up the phone lines feebly attempting to fix a problem which is not fixable (on the customer's end) is not only a waste of time but indicative of bad customer service.  Dumb, Big Red.  Really dumb!

It is to my knowledge that Cox Cable doesn't have 80 Million customers, lol

Charlie-Macro
Enthusiast - Level 1

dule wrote:

Chiming in from Las Vegas....  Network here has been down for two days.  No 4G or 3G connection.

I am not "techie" enough to presume to understand this LTE system.  I do understand it is a relatively new technology and, as such, can and will experience problems.

What I do not understand is why Verizon refuses to admit or acknowledge when there is an outage.

This forum is full of posts from those of us who have spent hours and hours resetting our phones, calling tech support and/or visiting a Verizon store in person in an attempt to figure out what is wrong with our phone.  The problem is not with our phone!

Since Cox moved to Las Vegas (and purchased the old Las Vegas Cable Modem company) they have been my cable and internet service provider.  Cox does have, on occasion, a service outage.  When an outage lasts more than a few minutes I pick up the phone, call Cox, and get a recording which states 'we are aware of this problem and are working hard to fix it.'

Hearing this message lets me know the problem is with Cox, they are aware of it, and that the problem is not with my computer, my modem, or the cables outside my home.

It appears Verizon doesn't offer the same courtesy or share the same information -- to/with either its customers or its service representatives/techs.  Tying up the phone lines feebly attempting to fix a problem which is not fixable (on the customer's end) is not only a waste of time but indicative of bad customer service.  Dumb, Big Red.  Really dumb!

I agree 110% if not more! This is really, really DUMB ~ Big Red ~ Maybe you are to big!

0 Likes
Ghostrogue

4G has been down in Raleigh NC  for several days but I am picking up 3G. Verizone could save themselves alot of headaches if they had a Network status page like some companies have. If you are experienceing problems you can go to the site and at least determine that there's a known network issue and that it is being worked on so you don't waist time trying to contact them. Or sit around thinking your devise is broken. The company I refer to even post maintenance schedules where there might be partial outages so that you can know ahead of time.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

0 Likes
wlbrown9

I have my service back :-).  I was able to complete the upgrade on my LG Revolution to android 2.3.4 on 2/27. Then I started getting mostly "no internet or data connection' on just about all attempts. Sometimes power cycling the phone would fix that for a few minutes. Finally this morning, I removed the battery and once again it fixed the problem for a few minutes. Then it happened again. I finally disabled LTE and the phone started working okay in 3G mode only.

Later today I found a discussion that seemed to point to Juice Defender app as the problem after the upgrade. So, I disabled Juice Defender and now have a working phone again with 4G enabled.  I have replaced it for now with an app named Android Booster, anything to squeeze some more life out of the battery.

If you do not have Juice Defender and the problems continue, sorry.

Bill

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have stayed away from Juice Defender because it gave me all kind of issues because it would disable my data and then sometimes would take forever to turn it back on or sometime not at all....

I simply used Connection Manager from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maliugin.connectionmanager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG... and simply toggle data of when not needed and back on when needed..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What cell company has a network outage board? Cable companies do, but in 95% of all cable markets a particular company has a monopoly, so there is not much a consumer can do unless they have a clear line of site and want a a dish on the roof.

Cell companies all compete in markets and to have a network outage board, would be a marketing field day for competing companies. Just my two cents.

0 Likes
danpv
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HTC Thunderbolt which had been working fine stopped receiving 4G signal about a week ago at my work location (zip 90048).  I thought it might be the phone which previously had no problem hooking into 4G, but now I suspect that it's probably Verizon and not my phone.

I sooooo wish Google would get into the wireless racket.  Then we might actually have fast reliable affordable service.

0 Likes
Grounded_Eagle

We are all being scammed by Verizon and their "4G LTE" service! I have an HTC Thunderbolt and I have Droid TV app. It has taken up to 20 min. to download a 1 hr show! I thought that my service was being "throttled" because I have an unlimited data package, but I was told by customer service that I was not being throttled. It is all a scam! I live in New York City and I have not seen anything that comes close to what Verizon advertises. I have been a Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic! Up until now I was a dedicated customer. But I don't know if the grass will be greener with another carrier as everybody uses the same cell towers. The problem may not be with Verizon, the problem may be with the company that builds and services the cell towers that Verizon and all the other cell phone providers use. They are the ones we should go after. Maybe they are the real scammers.

0 Likes