Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
travis28202618

my data went out about 5am eastern here in upstate ny. 3g just came back about 815 eastern im near binghampton ny

0 Likes
numeria

i am in toledo, ohio with no service on my razr.  i had 1X for about 2 minutes and now nothing.  a co-worker who has an iphone on verizon has 3G.  so this is just affecting 4G devices? 

0 Likes
jack_pine

Are you all sure 3g is really up? Mine says so but when I ping or sync my email client it drops to 1X. It does finally sync but very slow.................

0 Likes
Bradb21

From what I've read it's only 4G devices that are effected. I briefly got 3G back, and now I'm back to nothing again.

0 Likes
KevinInRealLife

No service still here in Pekin, IL did flash the 1x for couple minutes but then went off again right away :smileysad:

0 Likes
techjunkie64

numeria wrote:

i am in toledo, ohio with no service on my razr.  i had 1X for about 2 minutes and now nothing.  a co-worker who has an iphone on verizon has 3G.  so this is just affecting 4G devices? 

Yes, it is only affecting 4G *devices*... It doesn't matter if you are only in a 3G area, if the *device* is 4G, this outage, and the one 2 weeks ago affect you.  This is also the reason that switching the 4G device to 3G doesn't help (any more than cycling airplaine mode does - it might get you data for a few seconds, then it's gone again.)

0 Likes
sao

same thing here in Tampa.  Started yesterday a.m. and it's been going on ever since.  Right now I'm showing 3G on my Thunderbolt, but it's slow and then turns off....I'm getting very tired of this.....

0 Likes
cefoster
4G is not working in Chicagoland since 6 AM, though 4G cards sometimes connect to 3G.
0 Likes
GREGGKM

HERE IN SPRINGFIELD MO, AND YES 4 G HERE IS OUT ALSO.  i THINK ITS AFFECTING THE 3 G ALSO, CAUSE I GET 3 G FOR A WHILE, THEN THE SINGLE DROPS ON 3 G ALSO, BACK TO 1X ON MY THUNDERBOLT.  I JUST TALKED TO VERIZON AND THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. HM, STILL LOTS OF ISSUES WITH 4 G LTE. BUT WHEN IT IS WORKING, ITS SO SO FAST. I THINK THEY SHOULD PRORATE AND CREDIT OUR PLAN FOR EVERY DAY 3 AND 4 G NOT WORKING. I ALSO HAVE MOBILE HOTSPOT, AND CANT USE THAT WITH NO SERVICE. NOT HAPPY. BUT HOPE THINGS GET BACK ONLINE OK. SOON.

0 Likes
drdiehl

Same in NJ. Just like last time. It seems to affect only 4G phones like my Razr. 3G only phones are OK.

0 Likes