Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
techjunkie64

sara505 wrote:

Anyway, I called, the rep told me there was a nationwide outage, and that he wasn't speaking officially but he thought it was a server issue.

Seems plausible.  With the people reporting SIM activation issues... Plus, yesterday my girlfriend's Bionic had no data at all, but my OG Droid had 3G right next to her.  I set her Bionic to 3G only and still no data services for her, but I had not interruptions at all on the OG Droid.

I'm more inclined to think it's some sort of a software problem with a server somewhere that is validating/authorizing 4G SIM info.

0 Likes
GTIM

I had problems with my service last night dropping off completely. That is the reason I just signed up for the "Community". I had problems with my Thunderbolt and I am now on my third one since October. The "Updates" they were pushing down "Bricked"

my first 2. The last one I got sent to me finally had Version 2.3.4 on it and seems to be working but the problem I have is I am in the extended area for 4G. I mostly get 3G at home but it will bounce back and forth between the two. It has messed up the radio and I have had to do a factory reset 4 times. This costs me data and money as I have to run the backup and re-download some of my apps. I found their tech's lack thorough knowledge and had to do some research myself to figure out what was happening.

0 Likes
sara505

I am back up, 4G, full service. Boston.

0 Likes
Paradocks

4G seems to be back up in Pittsburgh, though I had to toggle airplane mode to get it to switch. During the outage when I did that the phone would drop back down to 3G after about a minute, but going on 5 minutes now with 4G active. Keeping my fingers crossed...

0 Likes
bertlloyd89

No service at all (no 4G, 3G, 1X, voice) using a Droid Razr in College Park, MD (DC suburbs) since around 4 PM Tuesday. Had the red X at first but now no error message, just no service.

Have re-seated the SIM card, switched to CDMA only, restarted multiple times. No dice.

WiFi connects but that's it.

0 Likes
diovino82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back up in Boston since this morning - hope the rest of you aren't far behind.  Still no official company announcement - laughable.  I hope all of you called and called and called their customer service reps and gave them hell because this was ridiculous.  And where's that guy who was supposed to call me back once the problem was fixed? 

0 Likes
EastOakland106

Actually it started last Friday between 230am--330am PST I've been with out data service since. They thought it was the phone so i got a another Bionic that one did not work so now they are sending me the charge but now since its ALL 4G phones its no need to get the Charge because it wont work either.

0 Likes
Re: 4 G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
jdls333

Detroit Metro still has no 4g and intermittent 3g since yesterday around 2:00pm

0 Likes
Re: 4 G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
mo21012

Brought my new RAZR home on Saturday, spent the weekend getting it set up just the way I wanted.   Tuesday mid-afternoon got the sim card authentication error.   Called Tech Support, went through two techs to finally be told the sim card was bad and needed to be changed.   Went back to store Tuesday night, they replaced sim card, couldn't get phone working.   They called Tech Support and were told it was an 'outage' and a new card wasn't going to fix it.  So they put the 'old' card back in which totally put my phone out of commission.   Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.  I was having my env3 put back on line so that I would have a phone.   Went back to another store during the day, and had yet another new sim card put in.  I can finally make/receive calls, but yesterday  there was problem with my 'Google' and today it is my yahoo accounts, so I can't do diddly!   I am a 16 plus year Verizon customer and not amused at the moment.  

No two people that I have spoken to with Verizon have the same information.   I am going to hang in and hope they get this fixed, but I've waited a long time to upgrade to smartphone and for it to start off like this is not a good sign!

0 Likes
smellelectric

South SF Bay Area - lost 3G/4G yesterday around 11:30 am, but this morning I have continuous 4G where I live which was previously only 3G coverage.  In general, my data coverage is better than it was yesterday morning.   I'm wondering if they are doing some sort of system upgrade and just failed to notify anybody?

0 Likes