4G Network issues
thekeck13

Dear Verizon,
Back in May I finally decided to make a purchase of a 4G an upgrade from my BB storm 2 which in all intensive purposes was slow and not much of a fun phone. So with the Samsung charge being the new phone and its speed and its prospect of a 4G internet connection drew me to the product. Where I live is just outside of the 4G coverage area but with my line of work I'm in it quite a bit so it was no big deal at the beginning. But as time progressed with me going in-between the 4G and 3G area is where my problems started and it seems to happen even when not traveling between network areas. The problem seemed to occur every 2-4 hours all my network connectivity would cease and I was unable to access the network. So i would have to stop pull my battery and restart my whole phone. Now i thought hey its probably just my phone. So i called tech support and they tried walking me through solutions and none seemed to work. My next approach was to head to my nearest Verizon Store to see if they could offer up a solution. After 10 minutes of the representative working with it, another manage came up and asked me what my problem was and I explain my connectivity problem to him. He exact response was ya my phone along with all the 4G phones have this problem where they lose connectivity. This answer was not only shocking but very disappointing that as a customer base we all here pay our bills on time and in return we expect service that works without us having to be bothered with issues that have been ongoing for over 4 months now with no fix. Unfortunately for me I probably will be leaving the Verizon Network due to the fact that I pay for a service that only works some of the time. It would be like buying a car and as your driving the engine cutting out and they you having to pull over and just restart it. Even though the time spent pulling the battery is small and insignificant its still should never have to occur when. As the fact I cant take advantage of certain apps that require a solid connection that doesn't go out such as radio apps and video apps. So with this said I hope others with the same problem as I, will not put up with the lack of Network connectivity and explore the other options in the mobile network spectrum. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Network issues
undeadrat

I'm having issues like this as well. I just got a Droid Bionic so I could use the 4G network, and I noticed for a time it was using 3G (when before it was using 4G) and now it has no internet connection. I really hope this isn't a "known" issue, and one that of course I wasn't informed of at the store when I got the phone. I still have a week before I'm locked into it -- If this really is an issue with the network that requires me to take out the battery I will return it and demand the waive the $35.00 restocking fee as this is entirely unacceptable.

I would appreciate an honest response to this very good question from someone who truly knows what is going on with this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
undeadrat

I just powered my phone off and turned it back on and the 4G LTE reconnected. So, is this something that is going to be happening periodically? And why was the phone for a time using the 3G network? This all happened in the same place (downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota). Is there a bug with the network or with the phones?

Thanks.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand everyone's frustration and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

The loss of data connectivity when transitioning from 4G to 3G is a known issue and under investigation. A fix will be included in the first post launch maintenance release software for the Bionic.

@thekeck13, 

A similar issue is being investigated for the Samsung Charge and will be addressed in the next maintenance release for this device. 

Unfortunately, I do not have a date when the updates will be released but I assure you that we are working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

As a temporary fix, for both phones, you will need to power cycle the device or enable/disable Airplane Mode when you experience any data connection loss. 

Again I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

0 Likes