Re: 4G Markets in WV
tremontij
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was looking at your thunderbolt (well it looks like it...) which I have as well. I was kind of curious on how you got 5 signal bars on there. When I only have 4? Thanks!

0 Likes
Nhutwelker
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have droid incredible 2 i don't know how many bars are available on the thunderbolt if it is possible try *228 then option 2  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Thunderbolt displays the signal in a four bar signal symbol. It can't be changed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wvu2012

wait so does Morgantown WV have 4G or not?

0 Likes
Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anybody have any updates on the 3G/4G situation in Morgantown? I don't understand why Verizon can't post more detailed information on new markets and at least a timeframe on when we can see these projects finished.

0 Likes
Gmancometh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just told by the manager of Radioshack at the Morgantown Mall location that we are looking at Jan-Mar 2013 now 😞  I guess Verizon and Frontier are in some type of disagreement and erecting the towers hasn't happened yet. I'm totally sick of this crap. I may pay the $175 early termination fee and jump on board with AT&T 😕

SWriverstone

NO. Morgantown does NOT have 4G (as of August 15, 2012) and Morgantown also does NOT even have 3G. It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Here we have a city with a major research university, one of the top 100 universities in the nation, and also the smartest city and county in West Virginia (in terms of residents with college degrees) and Verizon has left us in the dark ages.

Completely LAME.

If you have an iPhone and do the "Airplane mode trick" (turn on Airplane mode, then turn it back off) you will have 3G service for 2-3 minutes...then it disappears. When I asked a Verizon tech support guy why this happens, he believes it is because the iPhone initially locks onto a distant Verizon tower with a good data (3G) signal...but with a bad voice signal. So when the iPhone realizes it has a bad voice signal, it defaults to a local tower in Morgantown that does NOT have 3G. (I asked if there is any way to FORCE the iPhone to use the tower with the 3G data signal, and he said no.)

So all of us here in Morgantown that are on VZW are screwed for the foreseeable future---even while just down the road in Grafton, WV and Clarksburg, WV...there is 3G.

Absolutely pathetic.

Scott

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im looking into starting an online petition for verizon to improve coverage and to also bring 4g lte to the people of north central west virginia. Would you guys be willing to participate in something like that? Also another thing I have been doing is sending several emails a week asking questions about coverage and lte, the more people that inquire and show interest, i think we stand a better chance  at getting noticed. Come on Verizon show some love for this part of the state!

0 Likes
wvu2012

I would def sign something like that. But are you guys serious??? I posted an article that WBOY had a story that Verizon was installing towers in Morgantown.  Whatever happened to that?? I thought this summer they were installing these Verizon towers??

0 Likes
drschmid75
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about a class-action suit?  I renewed my daughter's contract with the "promise" that 4G would be available in Morgantown when she went to school.  This seems to be a breech of contract.

0 Likes