4G LTE service down in the Norfolk, VA area?
legweak

I've not had a 4G LTE connection in several days.  3G working well, but the speeds are, well, 3G speeds.  I work in Norfolk, VA (23501) area and live in the Smithfield, VA area (23430).  Usually get outstanding 4G LTE service in both locations, and along the commute route.  4G has been down for days.  Can anyone explain why or if they are experiencing similar issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE service down in the Norfolk, VA area?
Matt14

I had this issue for months. See this forum thread. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/813020

It's a network problem. Probably due to congestion. I never had slow data during off-peak times. I tried to work with customer service to get it someone to look into it and service the nearby towers but they just make it way to convoluted and confusing to get anything done. Thanks Verizon and your forced arbitration.

I switched about a month ago to Ting Mobile. It's now costing me half the price and my data speeds are actually 4G. Ting.com.

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE service down in the Norfolk, VA area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello legweak, we have the need for speed! Let's get to the bottom of this together. Currently, there are no reported outages in the area. Does the signal change whether indoors or outdoors? What make and model phone do you have? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes