4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)? [second time]
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the second time this issue has arisen - the 4G coverage has gone from being quite good to nonexistent in downtown Fredonia.  Here's my post about the previous issue:

4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)?

The issue began around 11:00PM EST (give or take an hour) on 08/18/16 and continues to persist.  It went from having strong 4G LTE coverage downtown (let's call it the intersection of Main St & Water St) to having almost no coverage whatsoever.  The only data available is now 3G (which is horrendously slow) and 1X for text and voice.  Often, the 3G signal will drop out as well. 

Please provide a swift resolution to this issue and take steps to insure it does not happen again.  The Fredonia State students will be back in about a week and I guarantee you do not want a bunch of irate parents calling in and screaming about their kids not having data.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)? [second time]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

diversification,

Keeping your data up and running at all times is always our goal! We wouldn't want you to be without a reliable signal.What type of phone are you using? Does your phone work well in other locations? Any issues with calls or texts?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Andrew,

I have a Galaxy S4.  Other devices that my friends and family own which have been tested in the locations with problems are the Galaxy S5, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, Galaxy S7, and a couple others I believe.  All of the devices have had the same experience, namely that calls can still be made, but data is either completely absent (won't even find 4g / LTE) or there is an extremely weak 3G connection that allows almost no data transfer and drops frequently.  Other areas around town still work fine (ie. strong 4G / LTE) so there must have been some recent change that affected this specific high-traffic area of town.

This past weekend there was an event in the park that's located right where the service is having the issue.  I asked a number of strangers who were looking at their phones if they had issues with data and they responded that they did.  Those who said they had issues all responded that they had Verizon, and those that didn't had either Sprint or AT&T.  I really don't want to have to switch, but if this doesn't get resolved pretty soon I can tell you that anyone who works or lives in this area is going to start looking for new service.

FYI, this park is frequently used for events like the one I just mentioned.  It's also located right next to City Hall and the police station, so they're affected as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

diversification Thank you for the wonderful details as it helps with our troubleshooting steps. Know that this is only a Verizon issue is troubling to us. Let’s figure out what is going on go that you can remain a happy Verizon Wireless Customer. Can you provide the address for the problem area (park)? Next please click the following link to test the device health. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201171/

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support​ I appreciate the response.  The parks mentioned (named Barker Commons) are located on either side of the section of Temple Street that's located between Main Street and Church Street in Fredonia, NY 14063. I've attempted to embed a Google maps view for your convenience.  As noted, the name of the park is Barker Commons, and a Google or Bing search for "Barker Commons, Fredonia, NY" should find you the general area I'm describing.   If that doesn't work you can also enter the following GPS coordinates: 42.440007, -79.331488, which should show up as 1 West Main Street, Fredonia, NY 14063.  The affected area appears to be centered right around here as far as I can tell, and seems to extend about 2 to 3 miles in each direction. 

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d1471.8194111782172!2d-79.33294092343196!3d42.4..." width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

diversification,

We appreciate all of the work you have done on this. It truly helps us along in this process. We would want to look at some speed tests in this area. Please download speedtest.net and when you are in the location please run this and provide the results.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes