Re: 4G LTE: Washington DC - Horrible Service and Speeds
jrindc

speedtest LTE.PNGspeedtest 3G.PNG

Dec 17 2013: first test is 4G LTE (see top) and second is 3G (LTE disabled). 20th & K Street, Washington DC

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Screenshot_2013-12-17-16-06-30.png

Right now at the intersection of K St and 18th Street. Hopeless Unreliable Network !

0 Likes
jrindc

Good news for 4G Verizon LTE. Something has changed dramatically -- 32 Mbps down, 6 up. wow. 20th & K DC, Jan 28th.

photo jan28.PNG

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The AWS frequency (band 4) might be up and running in the area a if your phone supports the frequency.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrindc

I think you're right. I have an iPhone 5S and I just found out the 5 series does support AWS. I'd never heard of AWS til now much less that Washington was about to get it. This is a big deal - it's faster than my WiFi speeds at home.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jrindc wrote:

I think you're right. I have an iPhone 5S and I just found out the 5 series does support AWS. I'd never heard of AWS til now much less that Washington was about to get it. This is a big deal - it's faster than my WiFi speeds at home.

This press release discusses it. http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2013/12/verizon-wireless-4g-lte-three-year-anniversary.h...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes