4G LTE Speed extremely slow in afternoon for some time
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

Speed is ok in the morning but around lunch time it slows to a crawl on a regular basis in Brentwood, TN. 37027 area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Speed extremely slow in afternoon for some time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kohld, it's important to us that your data is working as intended. I can definitely address your data speed inquiry. In review of that zip code, I'm not showing any network issues being experienced in Brentwood. Per our network team, towers in this area are performing normally and LTE coverage is good. Data speeds can fluctuate throughout the day as more traffic is taken on by the cell sites but that is by normal design as the data bandwidth decreases when data consumption increases. I can assure you that it's very natural for a technology with limitations to slow down as the traffic on that network increases. It's no different from several people accessing a WiFi connection in a household and because one of them is downloading or streaming a movie in HD they're slowing down the throughput everyone else on the same WiFi connection is able to obtain. I hope you'll find this information beneficial.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

Wow... that was the most pathetic response I have gotten on this site yet, and I have been with Verizon over a decade.

What are you going to explain next, how a battery dies because all the stored power is used?

The LTE connection slows to a crawl at the same time every weekday while the signal strength remains the same. What your explanation appears to try and dance around is that the towers are functioning normally but they are overloaded and Verizon has no intention of addressing it.

TheBryceIsRight
Enthusiast - Level 2

i concur with that statement!  They need more monies to provide basic levels of service. Be prepared that they off data premium where you get 3G speeds in a 5G world. I’m on a rant since I was just advlsed that since my service is nil I should use WiFi.

0 Likes