Re: 4G LTE Slow Speeds - Greater Pittsburgh (Uniontown, PA) Area
brandonwvs

I had almost zero problems since first adopting 4G in March of 2011 until this past Month.  Now 4G LTE is practically unusable on both the HTC Thunderbolt and current generation iPad in the areas where I need it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey brandonwvs,

I am very happy to hear that you had such a great experience with 4G up until now! I want that experience to continue, so let's try and get things working. I see that it's happening on two different devices, which does point towards a network issue. I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any major changes to either device...if not, let's see what else could be going on.

Have you had a ticket issued at all to have our engineers take a look at the area? They might be able to shed a bit of light on why this may have happened. We have had reports of interference starting up and causing problems or when the foliage starts to get thicker or the weather is bad, the signal also degrades. It's difficult to pinpoint why exactly. Our engineers are always updating our network and optimizing various areas. Let's find out why! Please let us know how we can help!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
brandonwvs

How do I have a ticket issued for the engineers? Also, I recently activated

an iPhone 5 which is experiencing similar issues, so the device count is

now up to 3 4G LTE devices experiencing issues with the network.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
kingzope

I have just switched to Verizon from AT&T and also noticed the terrible LTE speeds in Pittsburgh.  It's very inconsistent as well.  I have the iPhone 5 through Verizon and my friend has the same phone through AT&T yet his 3G speeds beat my LTE speeds.  I'm whole heartedly considering switching back to AT&T however I would just like to have my Verizon's data speeds up to code with what they should be.  The process for switching back is a pain and I don't want to deal with it.

Is there any resolution coming that will improve the speeds for LTE in the Pittsburgh area?  This is pretty bad and doesn't appear to be a phone problem.

0 Likes
tuckgergg

Same for me. My Razr Maxx always loses connection downtown. Constantly flopping back and forth between 4g and 3g and staying on 3g for most of the time. The 3g is so slow, though! Really wishing verizon would get this figured out.

0 Likes
brandonwvs

This Verizon 4G LTE issue is still unresolved.  It is under trouble ticket #>Ticket number removed< from October 11th, and the 4G was not working right for at least 3 weeks prior to that.  You'd think that in 2 months, Verizon could make a good faith effort to fix their service rather than simply ignore it and keep taking my money for services I'm not receiving, but I guess that's what kind of company it is.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

If your issue look's like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbvDEewcJU

Then you may be getting throttled. If they have not fixed it in two months, then you should post some videos of your issue on youtube and maybe some one will see what the issue is and be able to fix it.

0 Likes
brandonwvs

It is not. I am having similar issues on multiple 4G devices in this location, but the same devices perform at acceptable 4G speeds in different locations where Verizon's equipment is obviously functioning properly. This is a network issue that Verizon is not resolving.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
life10guard

I have an iPhone 4S. I cannot even stream a podcast or radio show without constent interuptions. I have to continually turn my phone on airplane mode and then back to get 3G to show up on the top of the phone. Has there been anything done to the Pittsburgh network to improve these problems? Before I buy an iPhone 5 I want to know I'm going to be able to utilize a true 4G connection. Data is definitely more important to me at this point so switching to AT&T is definitely an option. My contract is up in a couple months. Verizon... please give me a reason to stay and not switch over... $100 a month and I cannot download an app when I'm downtown... it's unnacceptable.

0 Likes
driley62

>> Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violations per the ToS

See   for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes