4G LTE Outage after recent update?
TMcCall
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently, I have reached home so I turned my 4G LTE off and enabled my WI-FI. I had to download a picture message so I turned my WI-FI off and enabled 4G LTE. I notice it did not connec on the grayish notifcation bar  but in the drop down notification bar it would not turn green indicating that it is on.. I checked another phone who is similar to mine but is not currently running the 4.3 update on their Samsung Galaxy S3; yet their phone is working fine with the 4G LTE. I tried everything possible that I know how to do. I was wondering if this was an issue that is impacting everyone else or just me in general.

Screenshot_2013-12-19-20-43-31 (1).png

Screenshot_2013-12-19-20-43-22.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE Outage after recent update?
cmpx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update, it may have been an outage (as reported in other threads), however, I just did the following and 4G is back (coincidence?)

Pop off the back cover with the phone still on, pus down-eject the SIM card and let the phone detect the card is "not available".

Wait 1 minute then pop the card back down and hit the on screen "Restart" button.

4g was back when it restarted. Smiley Happy

Edit, it's bouncing on and off,  suspect the former, potential outage. The data settings comment from my previous post still applies.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain!

I have two S4s on 4.3 both Tuesday's update and both are experiencing the same issue. The S3 that we have, which was just updated to 4.3 today, it still able to get 4G LTE.

I've tried restarting, turning data on and off and I even factory reset one S4 with no luck. So unhappy about this! I was doing fine despite all the 4.3 issues until this most recent update.

0 Likes
cmpx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here, I was seeing the failed connections to the data network.  I've overcome that (see below) but still there's no 4G at all since the update and I am in known 4G coverage area. 

I did find the following steps will re-enable the data (non-wifi) but still only on 3G.

First, go to Settings > WiFi then hit the menu button (lower left) and select "Advanced".  Disable "Always allow scanning" and "Auto network switch"

After that, go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks and turn Mobile Data off (uncheck), wait a moment, then turn Mobile Data back on (check).

Granted, it's not a fix for the issue, but more a work-around to get you back onto data networks.

0 Likes
TMcCall
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 4.3 update was going fairly great till tonight.. My phone will connect to the 3G but will come off and on; yet this  is rare since my phone is a 4G LTE.. This is very annoying...

I guess we just have to wait till Verizon gets everything sorted out !

0 Likes
cmpx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update, it may have been an outage (as reported in other threads), however, I just did the following and 4G is back (coincidence?)

Pop off the back cover with the phone still on, pus down-eject the SIM card and let the phone detect the card is "not available".

Wait 1 minute then pop the card back down and hit the on screen "Restart" button.

4g was back when it restarted. Smiley Happy

Edit, it's bouncing on and off,  suspect the former, potential outage. The data settings comment from my previous post still applies.

0 Likes
TMcCall
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much, You're a life saver!

0 Likes
cmpx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad that helped, though I am still seeing 4G/3G bounce, I suspect there is still an issue with Vz 4G networks.

0 Likes
cmpx
Enthusiast - Level 2