Re: 3G vs 600Kb after 10G of data
Nakamukk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it’s a little ridiculous that an Unlimited plan is explained the

way it is in store, then you find out the limitations of the services while

using the product. And then you tell your customer “for an additional $35

you can get this.” I’m sorry a $200+ phone bill for only 2 phones is steep,

the “additional” $35 seems a little obsolete from the issue at this point.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 9:12 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nakamukk, I regret to learn the plan was explained differently in the store. This is never the experience we want our customers to have. Are you currently on the Go Unlimited Plan? Is your usage mainly used for mobile hotspot?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bradswick

Never trust a salesperson ever, ever, ever.  Always, always, always read the fine print in your contract.  Know the limitations.

Wi-Fi from a phone or hotspot isn't meant to be full speed, full time.  Really for occassional internet use.

If you are trying to use a cellular network for your full time internet provider, get your checkbook out.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

The "Unlimited" plans are not unlimited. The carriers are misusing that vague term. Perhaps things would be better if you were on a BeyondUnlimited plan.

You might try forcing the phone or hotspot to 3G mode.

0 Likes
ShakaB

This is totally a bait-and-switch! I am furious! I just removed my Hotspot line and I am seriously considering removing all of my phone lines as only one is under contract at the moment. I pay almost $400 a month and have been a customer since 2009. I hope the FCC or somebody rings their butts!

0 Likes
ShakaB

Don't give them another dime! When they start losing some of their long-term customers maybe they'll wake up and do business with some integrity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ShakaB,

We always want to provide clear and accurate plan details. It saddens me to hear that this did not occur and I can certainly understand your frustration. We would never want to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family, so let's get this fixed asap. I have sent you a Direct Message, if you could please respond to the message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PEGDEN47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cancelled my account yesterday, because after hitting the 15 gig mark, I'm almost not able to access the internet or email due to their slow speeds. I did a test yesterday before turning off my jetpack for the last time and it was a download speed of .54. I'm trying to figure out how that equates to their 600 kpbs promise but I'm thinking it isn't even close. I signed up in July of 2017 and was promised 3G speeds after hitting the 15 gig mark also. I think when you sign a contract for a specific speed, they should have to honor that for the duration of your contract.

Several months in a row, I had to call them because of extremely slow speeds in an area where I should have gotten great speeds and somehow, after talking to their tech people, my internet speed went back to where it should be. Do this, do that, reboot the jetpack, oh now it's working. But I had to do that several months in a row and before I even got close to the 15 gig mark. I don't think I should have had to call them to get the speed I was promised.

This company is a joke and lies through their media to get people to sign up. I'm paying the early termination fee and going somewhere else. Believe me, there are much cheaper and more honest options out there.

I also looked into a class action lawsuit and am currently working with an attorney in California, exploring the option.

And what is with having to get a PIN number, EVERY TIME I WANT TO SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT?? I had to get one every time I signed into my account the last several days. So annoying! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEGDEN47

It breaks my heart to hear that you have decided to leave the Verizon family. We welcome the opportunity to review your account to see what options we have available to mend this relationship. I will be sending you a private message so that we can better assist you. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pauly73
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still the company line, btw.  Got sold with the same story last week.  Luckily I found out the truth within 14 days so that I can cancel my plan.

0 Likes