100% Dropped Calls and No Support Email Address
MJK1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand why Verizon service in White Plains is so terrible.  Every single time I drive on Old Mamaroneck Road, 1 block north of Hartsdale Ave my calls drop, without fail.  There are complete dead zones in White Plains, such as in my house, which is wholly unacceptable in my view.  Verizon FALSELY ADVERTISES coverage in White Plains in all of their advertising and marketing literature but this is a blatant lie and misrepresentation of fact. Verizon Wireless publicly claims to have service in my area, when they don't, I pay VZW over $4000 a year and they can't fix wireless access in lower Westchester County, NY? 

Furthermore, I don't accept that VZW offers no email support option and makes me resort to public forums or endless hold times to ask legitimate questions about sub-standard service and blatantly false advertising. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 100% Dropped Calls and No Support Email Address
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the service only inside of the house or is it weak outside of the building? Service isn't guaranteed inside of buildings. If you have access to a landline, you can reach customer service at 1-800-922-0204.

There is no email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MJK1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

The calls drop outside, not inside as I've added a network extender since

Verizon coverage is so poor in white plains. Any call on old mamaroneck

road will drop between Bryant Ave to Soundview Ave, 100% of the time,

especially in front of the Highlands middle school. There is no Verizon

wireless service on old mamaroneck road until it hits Scarsdale. Verizon

service has been terrible in this area for over 15 years and it's the

reason I switched to att for 10 years. I've only switched back 2 years ago

but I simply can't keep paying for a service that is advertised

fraudulently and intentionally misleading. Your lawyers should be revising

coverage maps of white plains to exclude the sizable dead zones where

calls drop and can't be initiated. I have to stop my car and take

work calls in front of strangers houses simply to avoid call drops that

occur in my neighborhood. I've even been stopped by police because I was

suspicious sitting in front of people's houses talking on the phone, simply

to avoid a call drop.

It's been long w enough, fix your coverage in White Plains,NY

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like I could fix anything at Verizon Wireless. I'm just another customer like yourself.

Several factors could be contributing to the weak or lack of signal. Hills, trees, other buildings, etc. Why did you switch from AT&T if the service worked for you?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Legend

I am also a customer.  Odd you should mention being stopped by police.  I was stopped on a sidewalk one evening in front of my neighborhood.  I explained to him that I was out walking and was only able to carry on a call in that present area given some structure interference nearby.  10 feet in any direction and I'd drop the call.  I know Verizon cannot guarantee a signal inside or outside and that their maps are generally speaking for outside coverage, but saying an entire area is covered is a bit misleading.  It is also hard to just exclude areas where signal is weak only in small spots.  But, i surely understand your situation.

Post was edited by: Verizon Moderator

<<>>

0 Likes