1.4 gb at once
blagoiss

my wifes phone says she used 1.4 gb at once 8:11 am this morning. She doesn't stream music or video. How is this possible? We went from having used 2.8 to 4.2 in the blink of an eye. Are there any options here or if they said we used it then we did even if we didn't. I went through browsing history and there is nothing there that would indicate this exorbitant usage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1.4 gb at once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blagoiss!

Let's look into what's going on with your wife's line! I'm sure we can figure this out. What model device does she have and have you checked your My Verizon online account to see the data details? Please provide some additional details so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blagoiss

I have checked online under data usage but can't tell what it is. Data sense app says it is from internet sharing. Which is fine but again there have been no data like this that she is aware of. It happened again yesterday morning .9 gb. Is there any way to tell the website that is causing this if it is through a share?

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blagoiss, this usage sounds unusual for her. Let's look into this mystery. Which make/model phone does she have? Data usage reported online at our website is delayed for up to 48 hours. Has she downloaded 3rd party applications? Some applications will debit data from the allowance. Does your wife play games on her device that requires a data connection to the browser?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blagoiss

Model is Nokia 928 games are uno and alphajax but it all seems to be from sharing. And I have the same model and play the same games but hers is using vastly more on a share.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blagoiss,

Thank you for the information, I know it's important to get to the bottom of this. Internet Sharing is a hospot; it means it was turned on from the phone so other devices (up tp 😎 can connect, deducting it from your plan. Please have her go to Settings>Under System>Internet Sharing>OFF. This will stop her from sharing her data.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blagoiss

Umm. Yes we are aware of what sharing is. My phone gets turned into a hotspot all the time. And it hasn't used a third of what hers has.

0 Likes
blagoiss

And it is turned off except when we turn it on.

0 Likes