All People gerio Status Updates
gerio posted 2 years ago

Wondering how the HELL to send a private message from the mobile or iPad version in this stupid forum. If anyone sees this, kindly let me know just where it shows up, please?

Geri O

20 Comments

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

B33 sent me one the other day Gerio. It showed up in the Communications tab and it wasn't real clear that it was a private message. Excellent job, whoever "designed" the mobile version........

Don't know what version he sent it from.

How about it, B33?

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

I haven't figured out how to create a direct message from the mobile version either yet. I do know that you created a status update and is viewable to everyone.

• gerio

gerio 2 years ago

Thanx, Ann, but where does this status update show up for everyone to read? Maybe it's my age or just what I'm used to, but I can't believe that a revolt of epic proportions by the community members hasn't occurred...

Geri O
  • Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

It shows up under the activities box (the first red box at the top of the website) or on the mobile version it is listed in the all activity tab. You can also see your individual status updates through your profile and then clicking on the activity link.

I am still finding new things to learn about this community and figuring them out.

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

Gerio,

Now I'm totally confused?  Is this a private message? It says "Comment" like private messages do, instead of "Reply" like a regular post.

There is no "section" it is posted in listed at the bottom.

If it is, how did Ann see it? Can you private message more than one person?

Ann, if you can see this, I looked in the Activities tab on the mobile version I don't see a way to send a private message.

Also,  I can find no way to start a thread in the mobile version? Is that what "Status Update" is?

Also, can someone tell them to add "In response to:" at the beginning of posts, like the full version does?

Peoples' replies are just willy nilly and there is no way to know who is replying to whom.

And, when I finish Swyping and scroll up to the top to tap "Reply", or "Comment", the screen bounces back down like a pogo stick. Scroll up bounce down. It's insanity.

And if this isn't a private message and everyone CAN see it, please chime in. I'm obviously as confused as a hungry baby at a topless bar.

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

Let me see if I can post some screenshots when I get home. Pictures tell a thousand words, right?

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

That would be great, Ann. Thanks.

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

I have uploaded the images, but I need to do the write up yet.  Once I get some of that done, I will share the document with you and some other who would be interested.
  • droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

Going to use this "thread" to continue my list of mobile version short-cummings.

In the mobile version, you can't "tap to enlarge" what you are reading. I have bi-focal contact lenses and tap smaller print (web pages for example) to avoid carrying reading glasses with me. Not the mobile version. Changing the text size setting on the browser doesn't help.

Does anyone else get old posts flagged as new in their Communications folder? Just happened. A three week old post of mine. It said "posted three weeks ago" at the top and "posted 15 minutes ago at the bottom. Not just my posts, either. It did the same with one of Tidbit's.

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

Droidsw, I have noticed this happening for threads that have had a post removed when it was reported to the Moderator for abuse.

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

The thread this morning had no new posts in three weeks. Shows the moderators are Johnny on the spot with their edits. (This is where I would "lol", but I despise that non-sense).

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

That was the thread but it showed my 3 week old post as the last post, not that moderator post that is there now.

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

At the time that you looked originally, it might have been the time while the post was pulled and being edited.

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

That would explain it. Thanks.

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

How about this, Ann? A certain thread is highlighted in my Communication folder as having new unread entries.

It's an old thread that "came back to life" and over the past two days there have been quite a few new posts.

But, it just showed up as having new unread posts this morning. I checked the forum a number of times yesterday.

Just strange, this delay.

• Ann154

Ann154 2 years ago

That is strange, droidsw.  I haven't seen anything similar myself.
  • droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

Folks "droidsw" may be banned, or on hiatus.

There was yet another thread about bloatware. Droning on for 13 pages.

The conversation WAS stale, the arguments boring, but tidbits and I went off tangent discussing autos.

The moderator stepped in and locked the thread. I "reported" the mods post as inappropriate and stated what I thought about it.

Because you apparently can't "PM" a person in this new forum (even in the full site) I had to go into another thread to continue my discussion with tidbits.

I apologized for butting into their thread and I was respectful.

Gerio, remember when we had each other so fired up, we both tried to "quit" the forum?  I am even more fired up, this time.

Mods sit back and ignore threads that have insults and personal attacks and allow user names like "verizensux", but close a thread because  tidbits and I started talking about cars?

Ironically, I have ALWAYS taken Verizon's side. I have put up with this buggy phone that creates an oxymoron by calling it a "smartphone".

Yes. It was only one thread, but it made me ask myself why I waste time in this forum. I leave the "tech support" to Ann, wildman, cody and others. I pretty much only respond to people attacking Verizon.

Not any more. They changed from a forum that was FUNCTIONAL to this horrible failure and choose to "moderate" it inconsistently.

I am deleting the icon from my "Forums" folder. I have other forums to waste time on. Forums that aren't SO ridiculous to navigate.

It was a pleasure "knowing" you guys. Maybe, if my account is still active by then, I will check back when I get my next phone.

• droidsw

droidsw 2 years ago

Just dropped by to say hello. Still have the Droid X. It now freezes constantly and reboots like the good ol days.

It is an unmitigated piece of dung. Moto could give me ANY model phone and I promise I would sell it and get ANYTHING else.

My upgrade, or wherever they call it, came up last month; yet, there isn't anything out (ON VERIZON) that I want. I don't know if I could really pull the trigger on an iphone 5, assuming it will have a larger display and I don't want a rather small iphone 4.

I honestly haven't read this forum in weeks. THAT has been a relief. Now, if I can just move on from this wonder of technology of a phone.

Hope all things are going perfect.

• gerio

gerio 2 years ago

Hi, DroidSW, hope you are well. I have running like never before with the company. Just had the occasion to make a post about the S3 or the Droid Razr Maxx. 

Just wondering if you are still around. 
    Take care, 
    G