Help? Downloaded new Ios7 and it screwed up my phone???
Michelle92807

Downloaded the new IoS and now i had to restore my phone and trying to activate my phone but its not letting me connect to verizon... I have no other phone to call to activate it right now Can someone please help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help? Downloaded new Ios7 and it screwed up my phone???
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here.  Just spent several hours (yes, hours) on the phone with Apple Support.  After trying all of their troubleshooting steps multiple times (reinstalling iTunes 11.1, restoring iPhone multiple times, etc.) all they could suggest was that I try a different wifi connection.  The entire time I was speaking with them, I was using a VOIP phone since I am no longer able to use my Verizon iPhone, so my wifi is clearly not the issue.  Apple still has no answer for this problem, but I did request a call back from their "maintenance team" so if I find out anything further I will post it here.

dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally activated my phone after trying continuously for four and a half hours.  Definitely a problem with Apple's servers being overcrowded.

0 Likes
Erika1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is also screwed up from the IOS 7 update. Mine shuts down often, says "searching" where the the satellite and wireless connection icons should be, and when it turns on (it only turns on when plugged into the wall) it says December 31st for the date. The chat line is not available, as usual, and I obviously cannot use my phone to call customer service. I can't do anything on my phone for longer than a minute before it crashes on me. I wish there was a way to downgrade, but I guess from other forums I looked at, it's not possible. If anybody figures out something, let me know as well. Meanwhile, I'm going to try to get a hold of customer service, which probably won't do me any good.

I'll keep you updated if I find any solution

oglibrarian
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been sitting here for 3 hours waiting for my phone to download. All I have is a black screen with a picture of the cord at the bottom , an arrow pointing up above that and the iTunes icon above that.  I just want my old operating system back!!  No one will answer my calls when I call text support.  I am leaving on a 10 day trip and need my phone!!!

Jenny2009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated this morning and now I can not text or even see the letters as I text. I want the old system back. All of this should have been fixed prior to everyone updating. If anyone has any solutions please advise.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Erika1980, I can understand how frustrating this can be. Have you tried this:http://vz.to/18gFVde and retested? Please keep us posted on this.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
Erika1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called technical support on my home line. The first tech guy had me re-update the software while plugged into my computer and going through iTunes. He told me he'd call me back in 30 min when the download would be done, but he never called. It came up an error at the end of the update so it didn't work anyway. Plus the Apple logo kept popping up throughout the whole download, or the USB with a arrow going up to the iTunes icon, just like the user above is experiencing. Needless to say, another tech told me there is nothing she can do and told me to go back to the store where I got the phone to get a replacement.  She made sure that the store would still be open so I wouldn't waste my gas, but failed to see if they had any phones available to replace. Of course when I got up there they didn't have any, they even tried turning it on by plugging it in, but it's just a black screen. So now I'm without a phone until at least Tuesday and I wasted a whole day on this issue and still got nowhere. I am very unhappy with Verizon right now.

0 Likes
Erika1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely know how you feel. I, myself, tried updating it 3 times, but it kept coming up an error. I downloaded this update on my iPad with no problem......so far. But my phone is worthless. This will be my 3rd replacement due to technical issues.  I feel I deserve a free upgrade to an iPhone 5....but that won't happen. When I called, she said they were getting an overload of phone calls due to the update and that is why it was hard to get through. Whenever I get my new phone, I am going to wait at least 2 weeks before downloading  it again. Hopefully they'll fix all the glitches by then.

I hope you get through to tech support soon. I feel unsafe going anywhere without my phone and I have to wait  until Tuesday when they get them in the store. This really sucks 😞

dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

STOP SENDING ME THESE EMAILS, MY QUESTION HAS BEEN RESOLVED

0 Likes