Re: Droid RAZR keeps restarting
EasternSP

I joined the ranks of former Droid Razr users. Mine started the death coniptions yesterday. I tried the SIM card thing, factory reset, the bang it on the desk thing, but still continuous rebooting.

I'll dig out my old Droid and get that one back on line and use the RAZR for a door stop.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If The Sim Card is bad pulling it out and re-installing isn't going to help anything the phone will still respond as it was) You wouldn't be out anything getting a re-placement but if you hit the phone hard enough on the Desk i'd say the Damage is already Done..

0 Likes
AnthonyM1

My Droid Razr Maxx started doing the same thing after a system update June 22nd.  I called tech support and they determined I needed a replacement phone which they sent to me over night.  I think the system update screwed something up with my original phone and they don't want to admit it.  Replacement phone works just fine.

0 Likes
RocketDawg

I was getting the occasional shutoff and also falling off the mobile network.  Called support and I had already re-booted only to  be back online when the rep "helped me".  Minutes after finishing with the rep the phone falls off the network.

The most basic element I learned from this forum was to clean the sim card.  I used compressed air and optical cleaning wipes (dry) .  Took the cards out,  it looked dusty in the slots.  I blew them clean, wiped the cards and reinstalled and voila! its working real well now.  Its been 6 hours and all is well.  I will report in a couple of days if the clean sim cards made a difference.

0 Likes