Re: How do I cancel Backup Assistant on my LG Cosmos 3?
joygary

I'm with all of the above - I want to cancel backup assistant but cannot find how to do it. I also read where it cannot be canceled if it was on the phne to begin with, but I charge my phone then the backup assistant comes on and takes me down to one or two bars. My husband and I only call or send texts - no internet. And I repeatedly keep having to charge my phone to keep 4 bars. HELP! I love Verizon but this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Joygary,

We can definitely assist with helping you disable this application. Do you mind sharing your device selection? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
pebbleonline
Enthusiast - Level 1

This same issue was driving me crazy and I finally found a solution that worked for me here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/665977

1. Go to Apps and start Backup Assistant

2. Select "Options"

3. Select "About"

4. Enter *73738#  (note: it won't appear anywhere on the phone's screen when you type it)

5. Exit Backup Assistant

denny502
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked! Thanks so much... spent an hour trying to do this, too bad the fix is a secret.

csias400
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, that was awesome!  I saw that somewhere else and just stopped because it didn't appear on the screen.  Since you told me that I actually did it anyway and it worked!!!

Thanks!

0 Likes