Re: Slow 4G LTE in Nashville
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LMB24,

I checked my resources and no service issues are noted for Nashville. 4G LTE anticipated speeds http://bit.ly/12cwkC1 are 5-12Mbps. What speeds are you getting? Reset your network settings http://vz.to/OPvlTr and test.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bbeaird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm really starting to feel like you are not even listening to us. LMB24 wrote in his original post that speeds are totally fine during non-business hours. That should have been enough to let you know this is not a "network settings reset" issue.

If you're looking at 5-12Mbps speeds right now, it's because it's noon on a Sunday when everyone is at home on a holiday weekend and not working downtown in the middle of a business day. If your monitoring software still reads that high at 1:00PM Tuesday, I would argue that it is just simply wrong, and I strongly suggest actually having someone come out and measure it during peak times if you still believe this is an isolated problem.

What we hear you guys continue saying is that you don't believe us and still think our phones are the issue even though common sense is showing otherwise. Your responses are quickly becoming even more frustrating than the slowness itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LMB24,
We are always working hard to expand coverage! However, I don't have a specific time frame. Removing/inserting the sim can assist with the best possible coverage available in the area. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, bbeaird....VERY frustrating. I have 4 bars, but cannot even ping half the time on SpeedTest.  When I can, I get disgusted watching my .30Mbps reading (That's .30, not 30), and even more when it can't finish the test because the upload is too slow....it times out. Not sure if this qualifies as breach of contract due to undeliverable speeds, but I'm checking into it. Verizon only has 3 towers anywhere near Nashville, but look up AT&T....they have boatloads. I've had AT&T in the past, and swore I would never go back, but I'm paying top dollar for a service that's unusable during normal business hours.....it's unacceptable that this has gone on for months and months, with no resolution in sight. I'm beyond frustrated....

0 Likes
RowdyAlumni
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues on Galaxy S4.  Also on West End Avenue.  Also mainly during lunch hours, but definitely during work hours.  I recently transferred over from AT&T 3G to Verizon 4G, and what the utmost respect, the speeds I receive from Verizon are 20 times worse, and so slow to be considered useless.

You guys need to seriously look at your downtown and midtown towers.  Because you are basically frustrating the largest businesses and largest population centers in Nashville.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear erather,

Good morning. You deserve great service ! I am sorry to learn of the speed issues you are experiencing. Allow us to get to the bottom of your speed issues. What make & model phone are you using? Are speed issues indoors or outdoors? Have you also looked into purchasing a Network Extender? This may help with signal issues both indoors and around your  home. For more information on our Network Extender click http://bit.ly/AKkC

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, my speed issues are with the 4G LTE, both

indoors and out with average download speeds of less than .50Mbps during

regular business hours, Monday - Friday.

On Sep 14, 2013 11:29 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

jw271828
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is absolutely ridiculous.  The 4G LTE is entirely non-functional before 6pm on weekdays.  This was not the case in May. But having returned to the 37203 area code last month, I have effectively zero 4G connectivity during business hours. This has nothing to do with my hardware; it's entirely a network issue that Verizon needs to resolve. This is not a mere issue of 'varying' network speeds and cannot be disclaimed as such; it goes to the essence of the service agreement.

4gsoslow
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Murfreesboro (37130) and have been experiencing these exact problems at the exact same time as everyone reporting issues in Nashville.  Today, the 4G service is so bad (even with 3-4 "bars") that I'm unable to send/receive email to my clients.  This cripples my business.  I hold 6 contracts with Verizon and after weeks (months?) of trying to troubleshoot this issue I'm finally assured I'm not the only person with problems.  I've tried old phones, new phones, factory reset, tech support, hours and hours and hours wasted trying to figure out the answer.  When trying to send business documents (not audio or video, just text) I'm uploading 0.2 kBps/s.  That is, ZERO point TWO KILOBYTES per second to send a text document.  This is slower than dial-up.  What exactly am I paying for?  If Verizon cannot acknowledge their network problems and either fix them or offer account credit to those affected I will be moving my services elsewhere, this network is not cheap!

0 Likes
RowdyAlumni
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, this is not an indoor/outdoor issue. This is all of the

Midtown/West End Avenue area during business hours Monday - Friday. I have

a Galaxy S4, but everyone I know who works in this area experiences the

same thing from Verizon.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <