Termination fee?
ecc_09
Enthusiast - Level 1

How much is the termination fee for my andriod phone? My contract ends Jan 2014. I need to cancel ASAP 175 or 350? Debating on cancelling or suspending the line temporarily.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Termination fee?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

$350 minus $10 for each of service completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ecc.09,

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's all this talk about cancelling? Regarding your question, your early termination fee on a smart phone starts at $350 and decreases by $10 per month completed. But, rather than paying that, I say you let me save you. So, why go?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ecc_09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there,

Thanks for your concern. I'm afraid you will not be able to help me. I need a phone and I cant afford this one. Unless you pay for the line for me, there is nothing that can be done. I have zero income and I'm borrowing money just to send late payments to verizon. I may be better off saying goodbye than ruin my credit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ecc.09,

We definitely want to make sure you're on a plan that fits your monthly budget. Allow us to assist with customizing an option for you. What plan are you on? How much is your monthly charges? Please share details, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kms24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where are you when I need help?  LOL

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

kms24 wrote:

Where are you when I need help?  LOL

Check back in two days, because that is the usual waiting period before a VZW rep replies to a discussion marked as an unanswered question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kms24,

Never fear help is here! What's going on? Send details please. I was unable to locate your community post. We look forward to assisting.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thanks for supporting kms24 by providing a time frame for our responses.

kms24, look no further. We're here to assist you. When cancelling service before your contract expires, you will be billed an Early Termination fee. Since you have a Smartphone, this fee initially starts at $350.00. However, for every month that you continue to keep your service active, we debit $10.00 from that amount. In order to provide you with specific details regarding what your fee will be at this time, you will need to contact our Customer Service Department by dialing *611 from your device. This wireless relationship is important to us. I trust that we can provide you with alternative options and save this wireless relationship.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes