DNS invalid - help! [This should be in FAQ!]
JoyMouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to Cell phones and was setting up my phone options - and in tools I may have changed something I shouldn't had.

In reading the community  Q&As one person with the same [DNS Invalid] problem said you were very helpful.

I searched for your information you gave him/her but was unable to locate the solution.

I have a Samsung Gusto 2 and I can give you the phone number if that would be helpful.

Is there was a way to reset to original settings which would include the DNS address or fix whatever I did.

Thank you very much for any help you may provide.

Joy (removed last name to comply with )

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DNS invalid - help! [This should be in FAQ!]
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey JoyMouse!

Thank you for your comment. I was wanting you to elaborate a bit more on your situation. It sounds like you are speaking about the DNS Server. The phone you mentioned (Samsung Gusto 2) is a basic phone that does not have internet capabilities. Were you speaking about a setting on your browser? We really need you to elaborate more in order to see if we can assist. We do not support your internet browser or it's settings, but we can help you with your cell phone or wireless problems you may have.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
strizloc333
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is not true according to the package thaT  the gusto 2 comes in. It has web email, my verizon and other supposed internet capabilities. As I am having the same "DNS server" issues. Please help

wenbec
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just purchased a gusto 2 prepaid device/plan.  customer support says that it has no internet capability yet there is a option for "my verizon" in the menu.  my plan includes unlimited text and unlimited web.  so why is my phone not internet ready?