Razr Maxx HD Mobile Hotspot 2.4Ghz not working.
madmaxed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using my Maxx HD as a mobile Mobile Hotspot for months with no problems.  I recently used USB tethering for the first time with the device.  Ever since wireless mobile hotspot at 2.4GHz will not work.  Devices that support 5.0Ghz networks can see the hotspot fine.  But anything with a normal 2.4GHz wifi cannot.  Usb is also still working.

I have tried changing the SSID, which I DO NOT have hidden.  I have tried with and without security.  Still no 2.4GHz hotspot.

2.4GHz normal wifi access with the phone is working fine.  Just won't allow a 2.4GHz connection in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx HD Mobile Hotspot 2.4Ghz not working.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't realize that the phone hotspot could choose which GHz it could broadcast on. Is there a setting that you can change to tell it which one to broadcast the wifi signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ddckylec
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem since the latest update. Has there been a fix for this?

legend420
Enthusiast - Level 2

My hotspot is worthless on all win 7 laptops.  Seems to work but with issues on older xp machine.  This has been going on for months and verizon is clueless!

0 Likes