can i view my childs texts online?
nechaser92
Enthusiast - Level 1

i need to view my childs picture and text messages, can i do that via the my verizon website?

Labels (1)
Re: can i view my childs texts online?
rcschnoor
Legend

Since you posted this in the Android space, I will assume your child has an android phone.

If you have Verizon's integrated messaging active on the phone and you have the username/password for the MyVerizon on the line in question, then yes.

However, if the messages are deleted from the phone, then they will be deleted from the integrated messaging system.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

NO.

You CANNOT.

Options:

View the numbers texted via my Verizon.

Get a court ordered subpoena. (Sad but true)

Take the phone and view it on the phone.

If you need to see this its possible you dont trust the kid so why do they have it?

0 Likes
nechaser92
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do i set up the integrated messaging? and will they know if i do?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Install the app on the phone in question and have your child use it.

Verizon Messages.

With this app, I am able to send/receive texts from my computer/tablet/phone and all 3 devices will display texts sent/received from any of the locations.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Tough luck getting the kid to use the app. Plenty of ways around it. Can still use the stock messaging app, kik, gosms, pinger, and other apps that dont report on the bill. Like I said if you dont trust the kid why do they have a phone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I prefer Handcent over Verizon Messages, but as long as Verizon Messages is installed on the phone, texts sent/received with the Handcent app will show up in the integrated messaging stream. So even if the app is NOT used, texts sent with the stock messaging app should show up. Apps which do NOT utilize the texting capabilities of the phone, such as those which utilize data usage, will NOT show up.

Are there plenty of ways around it? Yes, but that was not the question which was asked. I gave a method to do exactly what was wanted.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You know, sometimes you try to build trust, but you still want to keep an eye on someone.  Maybe the OP is trying out a phone with their child, but want to make sure they will be responsible.  My 15 year old stepson is allowed to use the computer, but we still have parental controls installed to make sure he doesn't visit sites we don't want him on and, if he does, he loses the privilege for a while.  Just not allowing someone to ever do something is not a way to teach responsibility.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

demmo86r and nechaser92 raising kids is not a piece of cake! You may log in online at My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc to view text messaging detailed usage for all of your wireless lines. You will be provided with the date, time and mobile number. However, I apologize that the actual detailed content is not available to view online.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JWCIII

Is the content available in other ways?  Upon Request? hard copies from the Verizon Store, Etc?

0 Likes