Re: Droid Razr Maxx speaker issue?
B33
Legend

Give this a Try Do a Soft Reset or you can try this Go to settings --> Sounds --> Tap when your there and then when your in the Sound move back N fourth each one of the Sliders to see if you can get something out of it but doing the Soft Reset and or going into the Sound settings should Work.. if your not sure how to do the Soft Reset Let me Know.. b33

0 Likes
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was sending signals that a headset was plugged in, when it wasn't.  This causes the issue described above.  An app in Google Play named SoundAbout might solve the issue for you.

0 Likes
Carrdargo

I too have had this issue with my razr maxx I had my first phone replaced and for the second i just decided to live with it. But I believe I have discovered the problems root cause.  I believe it is a heat issue either the speaker or the "bowl" the speaker is sitting in is getting warm and expanding just enough to cause the speaker to not have proper contact . I figured this out because my speaker was not working but started working while holding it in front of my truck's ac vent. Not sure what to do to fix it permanently.  That someone else will have to figure out.

0 Likes
pellis

OMG!!!!!! i was feeling like i was going crazy trying to resolve this issue with my DROID RAZOR.  Although Verizon acted like they had never heard of this problem, they did try to work with me.  Unfortunately, i was naive and sent in my perfectly new good phone, (except for the speaker issue) and received a refurbished DROID RAZOR, only to have the same problem occur!  I was then referred to Motorola for assistance (which I believe is in India because of the communication difficulty!!)  They said my phone was still under warranty and that I could send it in for repair which would take about 10 days!  When I told them this was my only phone, they offered to send  me a loaner but would charge my credit card $400! When I sent the loaner back, and they confirmed there was no problem with it, then they would re-credit my account.  I wasn't happy about that. This would be the 3rdx I would have to update from factory settings and reload a phone.  (things often get lost while doing this) Smiley Sad I told the person in India that I would think about the offer.

In the meantime I found this discussion group!!!Smiley Happy  I was able to take the advise given and push on the back of my phone near the speaker area. IT WORKED!!!  I assume this only temporary, but it will have to do until such time my contract expires in 8 months.  I will not be upgrading to a MOTOROLA DROID anything unless I read reviews indicating there are no problems with it!!!!  

MOTOROLA NEEDS TO FESS UP REGARDING THE ISSUE WITH THE EXTERNAL SPEAKERS and not blame customers for this hardware problem!!!!!!!

0 Likes
NCMike

If you find its a headphone problem there is a great app called soundabout which can take care of that.

0 Likes