Disable Daily Scoop on LG Cosmos 2
crimewatcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Daily Scoop is a pain. It starts itself (usually after I charge my phone) and LOCKS my phone. Info provided on Verizon's web page does NOT have the necessary information to disable Daily Scoop on a on LG Cosmos 2 phone.

How can I disable this useless feature and stop it from starting automatically?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Disable Daily Scoop on LG Cosmos 2
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if this works:

Launch Daily Scoop

- Select 'Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs'

- Choose 'Off' and 'Save'.

- Repeat the same procedure for 'Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs'

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have a Look at this Link i provided the Little Guy in the Video seems to Know how to remove or at least Disable it Have a Look.. b33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVYRenofmFw

0 Likes
jwostrander

I am having the same problem.   B33 - while this was a nice try, the youtube video refers to a Cosmos TOUCH not a cosmos two.  They are completely different phones with different menus, so FAIL!!!

Here are steps I tried:

Menu>>apps>>daily scoop>> menu>>Verizon msgs>> "OFF"

Menu>>apps>>daily scoop>> menu>>Bonus msgs>> "OFF" 

Allegedly these are supposed to work, but it does not.  I am getting more and more popups with time, I have had to pull my battery a few times already because the display was overloaded with an email, text, an incoming calll....whatever... and a popup.   I CANNOT USE MY PHONE when I get these!!  My phone is disabled when I have popups and it takes time to say "no".    Why have a disable feature that doesn't disable?

I'm currently looking for a new phone.  I'm not looking for a smart phone, but a flip phone or a Nokia brick would be fine by me.  I want a phone that works.

Suggestions?LG-Cosmos.jpg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Whoops i though it on the Later one Sorry.. b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps jwostrander. It does appear that you have Daily Scoop disabled. Do you have any other apps downloaded? When the apps popup do they have any app names associated with them? How long has this been going on?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Wow, this is how you talk to someone who offers help? And you're not even the original poster. FAIL!

Flygare

I have exactly the issue with daily ads and pop ups.

This phone was one of two my wife ordered via Verizon online when it was time for upgrade.

I went to a local Verizons store, who went into the phone and "disabled" the features.

Two days later the features were back.

I have been to three local "true" Verizon Stores and not sub agents, they have done the same.

But it still comes back.

I have disabled them in my own but keeps coming back.

We both have the same phone, mine powers up much slower, closer to half the time of hers and she doesn't have any issues with ads and pop ups.

I have a feeling the phone I got was a re-furbished and wasn't completely clean.

Now I am stuck with this phone for another year and a half.

Very disappointed with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Flygare,

This is very strange! Once a feature or application has been disabled it should not enable itself. Please do a factory reset http://vz.to/1fkotF2 to correct any potential system error and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
cparker7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Cosmos 3 with the same problem. I turned off the messages. Also, try replacing the main menu item called Apps. Go to Settings and Tools/Display Settings/Main Menu Settings/Replace menu Items. I replaced Apps with Calendar. I will wait and see if Apps turns up again and let you know. -C

0 Likes